kylebees

Do any of you still have MW2 and is it even playable? What platform do you have it for? I'm currently watching a guy on Twitch play and it has me itching to play. Never got a nuke as I was brand new to the game. I'd be interested to see if I could get one now. 

I miss the MW2 days so much :(

Despite the noob-tubes, quickscopers, commando pro, last stand and all that mumbo-jumbo; I don't think I've had as much fun with a videogame in my life. I got into watching YouTube quite a lot back then and many great uploaders we see today were born out of that game. Just great memories. Not as good as COD 4 but the it was the game that changed gaming for years to come. 

I remember watching the first ever nuke recorded, Chris Smoove growing from 10 subs to hundreds of thousands and GeneralMinus introducing teamkill griefing to the fore. It was so unique and groundbreaking but as time wore on, the game got a bit frustrating and too many people were trying to replicate things seen online before quickscoping and general noobery became too prominent for my liking. The maps were really good although they'd be pretty big in COD terms now. 

It wasn't hyped to buggery or very commerical back then either. MW3 just went way over the top in its promotion that people had seen it all before it was released. MW2 was unique as people were still new to the series and learning. It may have created the typical 'noob' type player we see today but for all its faults; it was brilliant for me. 

If I hadn't boxed my 360 up and hackers weren't plaguing the PC version; I'd go back for a while but it wouldn't be the same as the good old days.

I loved MW2. I sucked but it was amazing. I remembered one of my acheivements was unlocking akimbo UMP45s. It took me ages and I told my brother and he was like, "seriously, that you took all afternoon and you only need 40 kills?".

I'd be happy if they re-released MW2 with no one man army/danger close noob tubes. Maps were brilliant.

By far my favourite CoD as well, the only one I'd say I really enjoyed. It's going to sound weird personifying a game but I feel like despite it's flaws it had character. The guns all felt different, interesting maps, and I could just mess about if I wanted to. Unlike how I've found the others, it was actually fun. I think I'll pick up a copy next time I'm in town...

still remember one of my best games....2x pred/harriers/ac130 on scrapyard

best game was probably 52-4 on wasteland..2 chopper gunners.french guy sent me a message afterwards " seriouex gg"

..jesus christ the chopper gunner on that map hahah !!! slaughter !

Ri855cK.gif

Chookes said:

I absoloutely prefer it this way. You have overall more control. You can finish one guy off first, or all ten

This was my first FPS Console game.

Hell it was my first CoD.

I'd play it again, but IDK, its just not the same anymore. (Also, I'd have to renew my Xbox gold sub, and that aint happening)

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I forgot that the killstreak kills counted towards a nuke. I'm seriously surprised I didn't see more nukes when I was playing. 

I know I may camp a bit here and there now but I camped my ass off a lot in that game. It wasn't until I started gaming with a bunch of you guys that I actually started running around a bit. 

We should see how many of us are interested on each platform and try to put some teams together. Seems like there is a bit of interest.

My first cod, brings back good memories...

I didn't care back then that I was bad, I just loved to play.

Loved that game even most if the dlc maps, AND the Famas!

I did play it just before I got ps4 and it was alright but it does feel old, I can't expand more, it just felt like an old game when I was playing...

blackops2sig.jpg

I say we organize a night for this. Bust out the ol' PS3s and have at it, good ol' days style. I'll even hook up my headset so I can call Adam a cunt and tell  Euan to stop whining in between Bees' shocking rants whilst Dave tuts silently into his microphone.

What say you lot, anyone wanna organize this?

banlol.png

Best cod of all time IMO, over 50 days of my life went into that game! I still play it from time to time, it's still awesome, no lag like treyarch titles, and the TTK is amazing! I play on 360 no idea what ps3 is like. Though once every 50 games or so you find a modded lobby where people are zooming around 500 miles an hour, can fly ect. Deffinantly not a problem though with how rare that is.

I played quite a bit of it a few weeks back. You'll encounter a hacker maybe every 1 out of 10 games... My biggest problem was actually finding games though, barely anyone plays! But yeah, still good fun on the ps3.

Dave, I would organize it but I'm way too busy with work and my mom. I'm in though if we can organize it. We should do this once a month to keep us all connected. PWNSTARZ does a throwback Tuesday on his Twitch channel, where he'll go back and play MW2, BO, MW3 and BO2. Let's do this!!!