Mortal Kombat 1!

Literally just dropped! Absolutely loving the new look. September 19th this year release date!

Surely we're going to see some superb fatalities in this one. Thoughts?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 5/19/2023 at 2:12 AM, BO7H B4RRELS said:

I'm not big into fighting games anymore but this should be good.  

I'm not either Tommy, but it really made me feel like I wanted to pick it up. My son got into MK11 a hell of a lot and then played MK10 because of it. If it follows a similar combo and styling in MK11 I'd be really happy with that. I loved teh Crypt side of things where you had to go and find stuff to open and problems to solve that gave you more skins and customisable options for your fighters.

On 5/18/2023 at 9:01 PM, Tove said:

Looks really promising, I haven't played a mortal kombat game in years. 

You should give MK11 a go, it is probably dirt cheap now and the depth of the game is really there.

4 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

You should give MK11 a go, it is probably dirt cheap now and the depth of the game is really there.

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

With a new Killer Instinct on the way too looks good for fighting games.

As much as I want them they’ll likely just end up as games I spend a couple of hours on then only play for the odd 15 minutes here and there so just not worth it SF6 is also likely to be the same for me unfortunately.

18 hours ago, Tove said:

As much as I want them they’ll likely just end up as games I spend a couple of hours on then only play for the odd 15 minutes here and there so just not worth it SF6 is also likely to be the same for me unfortunately.

I'm with you in all honesty as my twitch and remembering skills are fading fast so it just turns into button mashing most of the time!...however MK12 was one of the first games I genuinely felt like the moves were so smooth and easier to execute that I really enjoyed playing some of the rounds with my son. Nothing like the super hard Fatality instructions you had to follow in the first MK games years and years ago.

On 5/22/2023 at 7:36 AM, GazzaGarratt said:

I'm not either Tommy, but it really made me feel like I wanted to pick it up. My son got into MK11 a hell of a lot and then played MK10 because of it. If it follows a similar combo and styling in MK11 I'd be really happy with that. I loved teh Crypt side of things where you had to go and find stuff to open and problems to solve that gave you more skins and customisable options for your fighters.

I haven't played an MK game in years.  The Crypt thing is news to me.  Sounds interesting though!  I'll keep my eye out for MK11.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

On 5/24/2023 at 9:52 AM, slamminbones said:

I think is MK is out the 14th and MK12 is out the 19th unless I got it wrong but looking it up this one is a reboot.

Its a reboot to the world but thats because of how MK11 finished. Ed Boon said all will be explained in the game on how it has got to where it has go to. This is essentially MK12, just named MK1.

6 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Its a reboot to the world but thats because of how MK11 finished. Ed Boon said all will be explained in the game on how it has got to where it has go to. This is essentially MK12, just named MK1.

Quite surprised it wasn't done sooner but I'll most likely pick it up.

slamminbones.png

I think so @J4MES OX4D!

Having said that, my son is absolutely loving it. The game looks incredible on PS5 and the fatalities are incredibly thought out. The kameo system is different, I'll have to ask him how he feels about it but younger folk are more used to this tag-team type of battles like other fighting games have got.

I need to see more myself about the career mode and if it has something equivalent to the Krypt.

As I've done MK X on the ps4 MK 11 on the ps4 and ps5 i felt compelled and that i had to get this but fuck me 65 quid digitally ohhh well as gamers we get ripped off all the time.

Will most likely not be able to play for a few days as I'm preoccupied with another game at the moment and the time I will have to put in to this game so keep your eyes peeled on my PPR for updates and my thoughts on this game.

slamminbones.png