Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 3 (2023)

Lurchzy

7 hours ago, MrBiron said:

Plus at launch we'll get all of the original MW2 launch maps.

Bit desperate that we're getting OG MW2 maps for MW3 especially as we already had half of these in 2019 for Modern Warfare🤣 Why not remake some of the classic OG MW3 maps even though we've already had some of those?

Sledgehammer delivered the biggest quantity of original maps in Vanguard so either they have a huge package lined up or they are desperately concocting the classics to fill the void. Really hope it's the former but it really sounds like they are scraping the barrel to fill the content and justify a whopping full price purchase. Can't blame the developers though - sounds like it's a bit of a shit show all round and personnel and being banded around from pillar to post on projects. 

4 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Bit desperate that we're getting OG MW2 maps for MW3 especially as we already had half of these in 2019 for Modern Warfare🤣 Why not remake some of the classic OG MW3 maps even though we've already had some of those?

Sledgehammer delivered the biggest quantity of original maps in Vanguard so either they have a huge package lined up or they are desperately concocting the classics to fill the void. Really hope it's the former but it really sounds like they are scraping the barrel to fill the content and justify a whopping full price purchase. Can't blame the developers though - sounds like it's a bit of a shit show all round and personnel and being banded around from pillar to post on projects. 

All those maps are already in the DMZ. You can find afgan, rust, bone yard, quarry.  I guess the are just providing them as stand alone maps for the MP folks. 

People complain but when I try to get a match on one of the new 24/7 maps it takes forever. Go to Shipment or shoothouse it's almost instantaneous. So clearly people just prefer to play certain maps despite all the complaining 

I happen to like the majority of the MW2 original maps. So it really doesn't bother me. Plus I only use MP to unlock stuff or level guns. The rest of the time I am in WZ or DMZ anyways.  So are the majority of the people on my friends list. So fine with me

12 hours ago, cyberninja2601 said:

All those maps are already in the DMZ. You can find afgan, rust, bone yard, quarry.  I guess the are just providing them as stand alone maps for the MP folks. 

People complain but when I try to get a match on one of the new 24/7 maps it takes forever. Go to Shipment or shoothouse it's almost instantaneous. So clearly people just prefer to play certain maps despite all the complaining 

I happen to like the majority of the MW2 original maps. So it really doesn't bother me. Plus I only use MP to unlock stuff or level guns. The rest of the time I am in WZ or DMZ anyways.  So are the majority of the people on my friends list. So fine with me

People play Shipment and Shoothouse for easy kills and XP. If you want to grind camos or get 50-80 kills a game then it's an easy out. Those lobbies are always gonna be busy especially if the player base is massively depleted and players are now finding it harder to find games in core. The majority don't want to be playing on relentless shoebox sized maps - variety and quantity is what provides the biggest longevity. 

They should've provided MW2 with the standalone old MW2 maps like people were hoping and expecting for the past year especially when they were already spotted in the original beta last October by the out of bounds boys using Al Bagra. To experienced folk, it would seem like they were deliberately withholding content. Now bringing these maps in beyond the 11th hour on another £60 purchase will either be a desperate move to fill content or a great move by Sledgehammer to give players what they want which Infinity Ward didn't provide.