This day will go down in History

phil bottle

I love the thought that @phil bottle dreams have now been fully realised. I think its crazy that the main devs won't put them in the game, and aren't likely to so it will have to be a mod added to use them. Have they ever said why they wouldn't add them in the past 26351538 years?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I think its crazy that the main devs won't put them in the game

Nobody knows who the main devs are these days and that likely includes Bohemia themselves! The OG developer left and cashed out shortly after the game released into early access and then the project was banded around a few internals for years later. Then then began to take a more serious approach after Arma 3 was raking in the money yet DayZ was neglected and devs showed more of a presence but once they 'completed' it, it kinda went back to square one again. It's actually a miracle the game has been in such continued development despite varying levels of support over the years and nobody really knowing what even the next update would hold let alone the future. 

So many broken promises but credit to a few of the people that worked on the game for actually picking up the slack and turning it around to a degree. 

Yeah, I pretty much feel Bohemia use DayZ as a testing ground for Arma. The success of the DayZ mod was an accident. At the time in 2012 it was massive but also very buggy and players asked for a standalone version of the game where the bugs could be dealt with properly. Bohemia never had an interest in a zombie survival game but it sure has been a massive earner for them.

There's a small dedicated team working on it but it blows my mind that only now is it starting to be as good as the mod was. But only on modded servers. The vanilla game focuses too much on survival and not enough on the  mechanics that made it such a fun and thrilling experience.

There was an excellent hero and bandit system in the old mod that I would love to see come back.

Bicycles were promised, and they've basically put it on the back burner as the driving system in general needs a lot of work still. 

The guy who modded bikes in did it very cleverly, it's far from perfect, but it does the job.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg