29th February 2024! This game looks bloody fantastic and I think i'll have to try it out, regardless if the style of battle is not my preferred approach. There are so many updates to the world, including the chocobo races, minigames, etc that really makes it feel a super large value game - similar to the first one all those years ago.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I saw that clip when it came out on Twitter as the voice actor for the main character is married to a Game Director at Bungie. It does look really cool, although I don't have much to add as I never played the other FF games outside of 7 and 8. I did play a little bit of a later one but they are just incomparable to these early games.

Square Enix have done a top job of the 7 remake, that I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to look at another remake. However, it would be probably at least a decade away if not more considering how long its took just to get a remake of 7 done...and even that hasn't been the full game so far.

Final Fantasy XVI (16)
Posted

State of Play was released nearly a few weeks ago below. Release date is June 22nd.

It looks like it will suite the new gen PS5 but also looks to have those RPG features that you'd probably want in AAA title and what some FF games in the past haven't had before. I still struggle to fully enjoy the Live RPG combat nature of things they've moved to but I can understand why they have, given so many people these days find ATB systems more of a strategy game than action based. However, the introduction of the 'timely' accessories will definitely make me more interested in playing the game. Definitely a great addition that allows simple button functions to do more complex roles that experienced folk are more used to.

How much could you control other players in previous FF games? I know you could in earlier games but this one is pretty clear that its only Clive (and his dog with direct commands) you control and your team is made up of AI driven characters.

Outside of that the story background mini-game that you go and find more lore is a nice little addition but doubt many will play it unless there is a trophy connected to it.

Whats everyone's thoughts?

Crisis Core FFVII Reunion
Posted
On 12/19/2022 at 8:05 AM, Luseth said:

Has anyone else picked this up?

Not yet but part of me believes I will. I have Crisis Core for the PSP which is a fantastic game on that device. If its been enhanced then it feels like its worth a go...although I'd rather get a physical version if they do create them at some point in the future as I assume its digital only for now?

You completed already too @Luseth ??!

9 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Has anyone Bought/played this one yet?  I've seen a lot of mixed reviews on it.  I figure if I play this, it'll be either dirt cheap or a PS plus game.

No and not really interested tbh. Nothing shouting out saying 'Buy Me' tbh. Wouldn't be surprised if it did come out as a PS plus game as its FF on Playstation.

3 minutes ago, Middle Class Caveman said:

Why waste your time developing this stuff when we could be catching chocobos or up in the golden saucer....literally a massive money grab 😭

Do you think though that's because you need the whole open world to go and source yourself a chocobo yourself? Have the fun was finding the right type of chocobo in the wild and then bringing it to the races. Surely they need more installments of the game to come out?

On 6/8/2020 at 7:57 PM, Spacedeck said:

One thing that did surprise me with FF is I thought the combat was turn-based.  So after learning it's actually active turn-based, it makes it a little more difficult.

I think this is one of those things to get your head around the most. FF games create amazing worlds to go and run around in, no matter the era or graphics. ATB was just the ticket when FF7 came out on the Playstation way back then. For kids like me growing up it got you thinking a little like playing chess but in a more intense gaming arena. Unfortunately for me, I enjoyed this way so much that when i picked up a few later in the series ( it was 13 i believe) I just couldn't get on with the Unique Battle System. It is the one thing i'm overly notlooking forward to when i play the FF7 remake even if you have ATB options rolled into it.

I'd also say that the Summons were the most amazing things ever back in 7 and 8. Create a mini movie scene with each fight, even if its a weak chocobo was just hilarious to use and the animations on how each Summon worked were very unique.

I've never played anything before 7 but I probably should try. The only thing to realise is that FF games are usually on the grindy side, especially early ones because Japan were heavily into that way of gaming in those days - so you need to put some time aside to get through them. I'm shamed to admit that I have played FF7 and FF8 for hours on end, yet i never completed them. Never say never though.

On 6/5/2020 at 8:55 AM, Middle Class Caveman said:

I’m not gonna lie, I don’t think I can get invested in the new run of games. If they’re gonna drag everything out like they have midgar.

Depends on how many further games they make in the series. 2 would be enough imo. I want to farm and race god damn chocobos!

That's devastating @Middle Class Caveman . I was always worried that the change up from full ATB wouldnt work but I think what confuses me is how they've made a whole game from just the Midgar part. The open world element is possibly the bit of the original game where everything opened up and started to get interesting. I hope we have got 7 or 8 installments of that to come.

You do not have permission to view this content.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy