LordBaguette

Morning

So we have an issue with new people playing Overwatch. Mainly the fact that obviously at first they have to get to level 25 to play competitive, and then obviously the issue of them not being a high enough competitive rank to play with those who are over 2500 for example. So we need some kind of contingency for those (like Mike and Matt) - I am pretty sure they rank up slower on quick play when they play with a team of regulars as the system thinks they are being carried but I need that confirming

They will also need to pick heroes based on what we need in the team by visiting the heroes post thread

cba

Fully agree that we need to help out the newer players get up to 25 as soon as poss. However its really important that in that little journey that people are learning the game mechanics and the general team play that makes up a game of overwatch. 

As for xp, the main way it's earnt in quickplay is from medals and the 20% bonus for being part of a team. So more than happy to help people out by not only teaming up but giving advice on team comps and character interactions.

If im going to play this game I want to learn how these characters work otherwise, after just having a quick mess with it earlier it will just be pointless nonsense. 

I might also find it beneficial to be pointed in certain heroes direction?

Eitherway I will find out if there is any longevity in this for me  than if I floundered around in the dark. 

I'm going to be honest here.  You're going to fucking hate it......... for now.  This game is layered, and really rewards practice and *research*.  You need to learn who counters who.

I'm loving the fact that more people are coming on board. 

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

52 minutes ago, crispymorgan said:

I'm going to be honest here.  You're going to fucking hate it......... for now.  This game is layered, and really rewards practice and *research*.  You need to learn who counters who.

I'm loving the fact that more people are coming on board. 

Im fully aware of that, tbh who knows if I'll ever like it, this is a pastime, sweaty games I have to think about never appealed but I'll.give it a go.

Im fully aware of that, tbh who knows if I'll ever like it, this is a pastime, sweaty games I have to think about never appealed but I'll.give it a go.

I don't think you have to think too hard when playing in a party. I agree though that initially it really helps if you have 2 or 3 heroes that feel quite comfortable to you.

Hey guys I’d like to get back into overwatch with you all but my rating hasn’t always been up to scratch lol! I’d be happy to play quick play with some of the newer players to get back into it.

Of course mate. Make sure you get online and join the party chats. You just need one season to work on getting out of the 1500s.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I'm really trying hard with Genji but he's a very difficult character to get on top of and it's going to take me time and patience to get to a good level with him.

It'd be good to see some kind of table or graph structure with people's mains on and their alts so we can do some comparisons. It'd be good for me as Genji and I'd like to know who I can run to for support during comp.