FIFA 17 PS4 Demo Live today and thoughts

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just played a couple of matches and FIFA seems really decent this year. It's possibly not the massive step up expected with Frostbite but visually it does still impress and in gameplay terms, it's far more fluid and polished when compared to FIFA 16. Still undecided if I'll invest in a football game this year but if I had to pick one; it would probably be this. FucKonami and Adam Bhatti:ph34r:

16 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Just played a couple of matches and FIFA seems really decent this year. It's possibly not the massive step up expected with Frostbite but visually it does still impress and in gameplay terms, it's far more fluid and polished when compared to FIFA 16. Still undecided if I'll invest in a football game this year but if I had to pick one; it would probably be this. FucKonami and Adam Bhatti:ph34r:

Well i have yet to play the demo but i can tell this review is spot on..........

.......Phil :)

James James James

I trusted your opinion man.

I tried the FIFA demo...

Wooden 

That's all I can say.

Yes, it looks fantastic.

Plays like it's in rails. Seriously.

Obviously I'm not used to it so I'll give it a few more chances but seriously anyone who's played PES in the last couple of years will not be impressed.

Which is why I'm surprised.

I'm a cunt though and I'll probably buy it to play with Rich and the Tam etc

;)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

5 hours ago, phil bottle said:

James James James

I trusted your opinion man.

I tried the FIFA demo...

Wooden 

That's all I can say.

Yes, it looks fantastic.

Plays like it's in rails. Seriously.

Obviously I'm not used to it so I'll give it a few more chances but seriously anyone who's played PES in the last couple of years will not be impressed.

Which is why I'm surprised.

I'm a cunt though and I'll probably buy it to play with Rich and the Tam etc

;)

:lol:

I wanted to get PES again this year but once more; it's a bloody PS3 port on the PC and the PS4 version looks like a copy and paste from last year but seems to look and play worse. My hatred of Cuntnami this year is another massive factor.

FIFA 17 is just a fixed FIFA 16 and nothing too special but as a football fan; I don't think either series is anywhere near the standard it should be. MLB The Show and NBA 2K just ooze that level of authenticity that I wish we had in the football games. Shame I don't like Basketball or Baseball really!

^Rich:D

I've tried the FIFA demo multiple times now.

First I realised I needed to up the game speed.

That helped. A little.

Went back to PES2016 last night. They're not comparable when it comes to gameplay.

Just can't do it. PES for me again this year!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

11 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I've tried the FIFA demo multiple times now.

First I realised I needed to up the game speed.

That helped. A little.

Went back to PES2016 last night. They're not comparable when it comes to gameplay.

Just can't do it. PES for me again this year!

I'm seriously considering getting both. I enjoy the gameplay and master league mode for PES, however the Pro Clubs on FIFA have a definite pull to it. Even more so because there could be a decent amount of us that can play on the same side.

Both games aren't worth  £50 though imo, i really do struggle to part with that sort of money for games which both lack in certain departments.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The only reason i'd get PES is to play with Phil or anyone else that decides to get it instead of FIFA. I'd probably wait till it comes down in price though....just had a look and you can buy FIFA or PES for £37 off Amazon. Pretty good price baring in mind FIFA isn't even out yet.

56 minutes ago, PlasticGaming said:

That shit is one of the reasons I hesitate to give EA any money, I think it's the dumbest waste of time shit ever. But I can't fault someone on something they enjoy.

The misconception about UT, EA and its packs is that you don't have to give EA a penny just like Battlepacks in Battlefield. On FIFA 16 I put together a hugely rated and highly valued team without buying one pack at all. All the packs I earned were in-game playing other players or against the AI and my players that didn't come in packs were purchased with the Coins which were also earned in-game and didn't cost a penny. 

UT has been poisoned by these YouTube pricks who use their ad revenue money to buy 100+ packs at a time and this has given people the wrong message that buying packs is the only way to play and thrive in the mode. It took me about 40 hours to piece together a solid side but that was what made it so much fun and so rewarding. YouTubers and the sheep that throw money at EA for packs can't be having a very satisfying time as you're essentially just increasing your chances and the speed of getting better players without having to bother playing matches or having any in-game satisfaction. The transfer market is also fantastic and you can buy/bid on players using just FIFA Coins and developing and maintaining your team with in-game rewards is what keeps you interested. Buying packs from EA in droves is just paying in the hope to win and a good way YouTubers can groom their subscribers into parting with their funds in large doses but at its core; the mode is fantastic when its played how it should be just like Battlefield. BF4 had packs, shortcuts and other shit and UT just has the same stuff dressed up differently and you can happily ignore it for the best possible experience. 

29 minutes ago, J4MES OX4D said:

The misconception about UT, EA and its packs is that you don't have to give EA a penny just like Battlepacks in Battlefield. On FIFA 16 I put together a hugely rated and highly valued team without buying one pack at all. All the packs I earned were in-game playing other players or against the AI and my players that didn't come in packs were purchased with the Coins which were also earned in-game and didn't cost a penny. 

UT has been poisoned by these YouTube pricks who use their ad revenue money to buy 100+ packs at a time and this has given people the wrong message that buying packs is the only way to play and thrive in the mode. It took me about 40 hours to piece together a solid side but that was what made it so much fun and so rewarding. YouTubers and the sheep that throw money at EA for packs can't be having a very satisfying time as you're essentially just increasing your chances and the speed of getting better players without having to bother playing matches or having any in-game satisfaction. The transfer market is also fantastic and you can buy/bid on players using just FIFA Coins and developing and maintaining your team with in-game rewards is what keeps you interested. Buying packs from EA in droves is just paying in the hope to win and a good way YouTubers can groom their subscribers into parting with their funds in large doses but at its core; the mode is fantastic when its played how it should be just like Battlefield. BF4 had packs, shortcuts and other shit and UT just has the same stuff dressed up differently and you can happily ignore it for the best possible experience. 

Thank you! I admit I shot this down as soon as I saw Fifa streamers just spending hundreds on packs. I honestly thought it was a form of gambling, then when it leaked into Madden it agitated the Hell out of me. I appreciate you writing things out, as I admit I was close minded and thought it was a mobile game cash grab inside of a Triple A sports title.

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

1 hour ago, PlasticGaming said:

Thank you! I admit I shot this down as soon as I saw Fifa streamers just spending hundreds on packs. I honestly thought it was a form of gambling, then when it leaked into Madden it agitated the Hell out of me. I appreciate you writing things out, as I admit I was close minded and thought it was a mobile game cash grab inside of a Triple A sports title.

No worries:)