Forum Suggested Improvements / Enhancements

:22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I've removed it for now....I actually think it looks pretty cool but if its making you dizzy and shit then it come off for a year. Plus it's 2017 now so it wouldn't look right....I think there's an Easter one though......

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

That's done because we are a fairly low traffic site and we're running one of the smallest server packages. This is funded entirely by myself and Lee with the odd donation thrown in so we keep it to the bare minimum. If we started allowing larger uploads then we'd have to upgrade the server which takes the hosting fee from beer token money to "is it really worth it" money so it's staying as is. Have you tried Imgur? Their app is fantastic and really easy to use, I use it all the time.

banlol.png

Had a little go at fixing Tapatalk again but to no avail. We don't need it but I will keep trying as it links to something I want to utilise for the future. Please be patient kiddies.

Also, if there's anything else you'd like me to look into, let me know. I'll be looking to create a Horizon Zero Dawn sub and anything else people want.

Last one - the video section doesn't seem to embed links at the minute so please stand by for an update. You can still upload videos to threads though so all good for the time being.

3 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

It's probably me being dense but I cant see the emoji/emoticon button anymore....have they been ditched? I'm using Safari and Dolphin broswers on an iPad

Its the "I" button in the bar. It is abit unclear though so I'll see if I can do anything about it.

1 hour ago, Plumbers Crack said:
  • The underscore button is giving bullet points

bold is opening a code box

Might be a glitch here Lee? Or have I broken it? :lol:

Yeah, it has a problem Dave. I'll have a look at it over the next few days.

5 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

The editor has been one of the worst things about the upgrade. Hopefully we can just replace it all together!

Why the hell didn't you say so before! I would've looked into it by now. Happy to see what i can find this week :)

If peeps see anything else that niggles them, please shout. This is here for all of us.

I wasn't here when shoutbox was here. I do remember when it came up last time and most people said even though the idea is great it did stop posts being generated.

If I'm honest, if this was an app my opinion is more of us would log in and chat. Notifications would help too direct to your phone as i know many aren't on PC, just like me right now.

I dunno what others think?

22 hours ago, PlasticGaming said:

I rarely looked at I thought or cared.

You were either drunk when you wrote this or I'm drunk as I read it:P

Not really bothered about a shout box , i was just throwing it out there.

I recall most folk not really in favour last time it was discussed!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I still want it like our older forums where I click on a topic and it takes me right to where I left off reading. As opposed to me only seeing the first comment or the most recent comment and having to search for it. 

Just now, Capn_Underpants said:

I still want it like our older forums where I click on a topic and it takes me right to where I left off reading. As opposed to me only seeing the first comment or the most recent comment and having to search for it. 

If you're reviewing through Unread Content, if you click on the time it was submitted it will take you right to the last post. Though, if there were a bunch of posts between that last post and the one you last read you still need to scroll through, which kind of sucks.