Last movie you watched

Drifter

Watched Arrival over the weekend. I honestly felt lost during the movie, and I like to think I'm a pretty smart fella that can keep up with any movie. I understand what they were trying to do after it went off, but while you are watching the movie it is next to impossible to not think "What the ^%$#* is going on here?". In my opinion they tried to make it too much of a thinking movie and ended up just confusing the viewer.

The Shallows. Heard the hype about it being as good as Jaws etc etc...IMO it does not even hold a candle to Jaws. Best part of the movie is that Blake Lively was in a bikini for 95% of it and her ass is looking F-I-N-E. Other than that not very good.

I watched Drunken Master (original 1978 style) last night for the first time in 20 years.
What a classic. The dubbing is hilarious. Switching between subtitles and dubbed voices constantly, even in mid conversation. There's a lot of comedy in the story and the acting too...

The kung fu is epic and Jackie Chan at his best.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Watched Fantastic Beats and Where To Find Them with the wife the other night. If you love Harry Potter films then this is just as good. Got to be honest though, it seemed a little strange based in New York though.

Eddie Redmayne is a class apart in his role and there are some nice links to the Potter background if you are interested in that kind of film.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Speaking of Harry Potter I watched a movie the other day with the guy that plays Harry Potter (Daniel Radcliff or whatever his name is) it was called "Horns". OMG was it dumb :blink:

It's kind of hard seeing Daniel Radcliffe play someone else in other films. I felt like that in that magician sequel film he was in. Harry Potter is such an iconic character in films that span across a massive time period. He's even considering to come back in future films because of the Cursed Child book that was released not long ago.

Via the FG App

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Oddly enough I just watched another Daniel Radcliffe last night. A movie called Imperium. It was totally out of character for what you would expect from him because he played an undercover FBI agent that posed as a skinhead. I thought it was probably going to suck, but it was actually really good. He really showed he can play a very different role for him. If you get a chance rent it it's well worth seeing.

Rented The Time Machine last night. I saw it when it first came out about 15 years ago but saw it was on the free movies On Demand so had to watch it again last night since I had not seen it in so long. Probably would seem like a bit of a goofy movie to some but I have always liked that flick for some reason :)

Since I upgraded my cable box in the shop to the new X1 I now have On Demand down there so I'm able to watch a lot more movies while I work now. Just watched Fargo for the first time, even though it's 20 yrs old I never bothered watching it. Back when it came out 20 yrs ago it won all these awards and was said to be a great movie etc etc. I can sum it up in one word....OVERFRIGGINRATTEDTURD!

What a boring slow movie piece of crap movie. I should have known it was a Cohen Bros movie because I hate most all their crap. Uhg Fargo, there's 98mins of my life I will never get back!

Watched a movie today called "Wrecker" about an old tow truck rig with a crazy driver that chases two young girls down the hwy. If you have ever seen a movie with Dennis Weaver from back in the 1970's called 'Duel" then you have seen Wrecker. They copied the hell out of Duel with this Wrecker movie.

On 4/30/2017 at 1:33 PM, Drifter said:

Watched Angels & Demons (Tom Hanks) last night. Wasn't terrible but I don't think I would say it was good either. Defiantly did not need to be over 2 hours long like it was. Made for a bit of a long lack luster movie IMO. 

As is the case with many movies made from books, this movie didn't deliver at all.

In fact, all of the Dan Brown movies were fucking terrible compared to the books.  I've read all of his books and they are in a league of their own.  

6 minutes ago, McNasty said:

I just watched the capt america vs ironman movie or whatever it is called.  It was a big meh.

trying to find a good Tv show to binge watch now that we dropped cable.  Just Netflix, Hulu, and amazon prime now

I'm not sure what you have watched but Netflix - the Marvel series, especially Daredevil, if you're in to those shows.  The others are ok but DD is the best.  On prime - Man in the High Castle is brilliant and Lucifer if you want something that's easier watching.

As for films;

Why him - Nope! Just don't even bother.

Sully - I wasn't sure going in but well worth a watch.  I didn't know about the stuff that went on after the crash but it was interesting to find out.  Well directed and written and Tom Hanks plays the roll fantastically too.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

Watched "Jobs" today (the story of the life of Apple founder Steve Jobs). I've been wanting to see it for awhile now because even though I never liked Steve Jobs because he pretty much was everything I can't stand in a person (huge ego, a'hole personality, greedy) with that said I always did find it fascinating how he managed to become such a successful business man. The movie was okay but it just seemed like it was somewhat flat. They really could have gone into a bit more depth about his life in the 2hr long movie but just never really got all that in depth it seemed.