Dark Pictures Anthology

Having just completed House of Ashes I thought I would see if anyone else has been playing the Dark Pictures Anthology games - Man of Medan, Little Hope, and House of Ashes, with The Devil in Me still to be released. Being a horror game and movie fan I really enjoy these games and have since I played Until Dawn, which is now rumoured to be remade to bring into the Dark Pictures timeline.

I like that each of the games has a different type of horror that it bases itself on, rather than repeating with each game. I think House of Ashes has been my favourite as I enjoy action horror games, but Little Hope was very close as the more supernatural element really appealed to me. The Devil in Me looks to be going down the serial killer/Saw horror style route, which again differs from the others and will offer a different experience, so I am looking forward to that at the moment. I have only played each of them once, although I have been tempted to replay them as they are only relatively short games, and have only managed to 2 survivors at the end of each game lol. I thought I managed to get 4 near the end of Little Hope, then choices i'd made much earlier in the game came back to bite me in the ass and I only got 2 to the end, and House of Ashes teased me with 4 surviviors then I lost one to a last minute decision and one during the QTE action scene at the very end of the game so only got 2 survivors 🤦‍♂️😂

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has played them and what their thoughts are on the series 🙂

I've genuinely never tried them @Antpool84 , as they've never really been in the forefront of my mind. Are they small indie styled games or more just linear story driven campaigns?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

6 minutes ago, GazzaGarratt said:

I've genuinely never tried them @Antpool84 , as they've never really been in the forefront of my mind. Are they small indie styled games or more just linear story driven campaigns?

They are story driven but each game can go down many different branches with different endings depending on the decisions you make throughout the game. I played one through 2 or 3 times and each time the story differed

I've never tried any of them myself either.  I've never really been interested in any kind of games of this particular style.  Maybe some day.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*