Sony's Game Pass Competitor?

Antpool84

So apparently Sony are pulling all PS Now subscribtion cards from UK sale amd it looks like they will be trying to combine it with PS Plus to compete with the Xbox Game Pass.

Yes, it will most likely cost that little bit more on the subscription, but if they provide some of their top games for free like Xbox have (like Forza Horizon 5 and Halo Infinite) then it would most definitely be worth it.

I'll be happy to see the back of PS Now and them to integrate that catalogue and more up to date stuff into a pass format. £50 for PS+ and then another £50 on top for PS Now which didn't even include the individual game prices was absolutely ludicrous. What made it worse was that some of the games you could rent (and stream) cost more than buying them outright. I'm actually shocked people bought into it - who's gonna pay £49.99 to then pay £9.99 to play Borderlands 2 for 30 days when they could just buy it for £4.99!?

PS Now was also a monumental flop on PC especially when compared to Game Pass. It's about 3 years too late but a PS Pass or something would be a welcome alternative especially if users can stream a huge library for free without having to pay any extras. 

Its all about the offering with this. Has to be top AAA games available for a long time or its not worth it.

However, removing PS Now for this should be a positive regardless as that was a really poor alternative to the Xbox game pass.

It would take a lot for me to get a pass on either console, I think mainly because games now I'm finding we go back to after a period of time, and therefore it would have to be still available months later.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb