9/11 one day in America.

techno

There's been some good documentaries on 9/11, turning point on Netflix was good but this one has been by far the best. No politics etc just normal people telling exceptional personal stories  around some intimate footage of the day. Some distressing scenes for some, the wife actually was in tears. 

One other thing I realised on that day everyone helped as much as they could no matter race, sex, ethnicity etc. 

Yeah I watched that, really moving, still seems like yesterday not 20 years, and as you say the response of so many Americans helping their fellow citizens was amazing. I’ve always been awe struck by the bravery of the firemen climbing those towers. Lights shining on that darkest day. Also watched the documentary that followed Bush on that day. Don’t want to get into politics but he almost seemed statesman like when you compare to what goes on now.

As a NYCer, I can't bring myself to watch anything about 9/11. I'm sure the documentaries and movies about it are worthwhile, and good for the sake of history keeping. But, everything about that day and the days and weeks after are something I don't want to watch or relive. 

I work now just 2 blocks from the WTC memorial, a place I never thought I would work. Last week in the city, as I got off the subway and walked to the office, it was somber with all the ribbons and whatever. 

I'm glad others are able to tell their stories about it to help heal... To watch these films to heal and know more about it. I just don't think I'll ever get there. Especially as other terrible things in the world continue to happen. 

I remember being in 6th grade Spanish class (I am also a New Yorker) and my girlfriend's father at the time was an instructor at the Rock (FDNY academy) as well as a handful of my friends parents being EMS or NYPD. It's a wild time for sure that I won't forget, just the general everyone is confused and then you're locked in your classroom watching a TV the entire day. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

5 hours ago, Jason said:

It’s crazy how mostly everyone remembers exactly what they were doing at that moment in time like a freeze frame. 

Yeah I'd just got up and switched on the TV, took me sometime to realise that it was actually happening and not a movie. 

My parents were in Vegas at the time and were supposed to fly to San Francisco.