Latest TWAB

techno

I see more and more YouTubers really getting pissed by this and I can seriously see why.

I mean thousands of pointless tokens that have been worthless for ever now will be gone. 🤦 

Now we know why you'd sunset weapons, so you can go get them again 😂, yeah nah bungie

I read this late on Thursday night and i've been meaning to post it up but if i'm honest, i'm struggling to find the words to put a reasonable response up.

Overall, this is such a bummer to read. Hit hurts hardcore, regular players the worst imo, as its really targeted at players that are either a) brand new to the game and b) returning players that have had a decent break. Due to the extensive changes they've had to make to work out how to maintain Destiny 2 rather than create a D3 which would've clearly not had enough brand new content for a completely new game, they're paying the price for getting through a shite period of time where their new content ideas can't come quick enough off the conveyor belt as players adapt and become content hungry people.

I still firmly remain in the camp that sunsetting is a good idea. They don't make the stuff irrelevant as you can still use it in the standard playlist stuff, like Crucible, etc. The problem is, the reasons why we had to accept sunsetting was because we expected to automatically start using new and varied weapons in upcoming seasons. Whilst I'm happy that 99% of all players now don't use The Recluse anymore in endgame stuff cos it was getting boring to see, you need viable and decent options to replace it - and they can't ALL be technically old weapons.

We need NEW weapons to combat sunsetting so it will make sense. No one wants to grind for the same gun AND roll 1 year later just to keep it alive, cos you might aswell just give them the gun they've earned as it doesn't change or evolve the game for them. The only thing I would say about new weapons though, is that they can be similar looking guns to what we have today. Its a ridiculous argument about reskinned weapons because we have all the other franchises like CoD using the exact same M4 for 20 years but no one moans about using that and paying the cost for it. If its a gun, its gonna look like a gun.

Ironically, for FG people I'd actually say this works in people's favour because many old regulars aren't hardcore anymore or have completely missed all that content. I will bang on continually until I see all Blue, Green and White guns turn into Legendaries. Wen hearing that sentence it sounds like that no new content whatsoever but I can pretty much guarantee 99.8% of all Destiny players will NEVER main white, green, and blue weapons in Destiny and only remember half a dozen. There are around 500 of those weapons not Legendary and Exotic. Ironically they are all relevant still - and potentially better than Purple and Yellows. A simplistic radical change but very much needed.

And then we can get back to enjoying the reasonably good content dropped in the DLC we just had and hopefully upcoming seasons.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb