FG Worldwide - A Remarkably Mediocre Logistics Company (ETS2)

TurboR56Mini

So I think I've found a way to use the wheel, the pedals move slightly though but nothing too much that would distract from the game.  And considering the only other games I play are fighting games on an arcade stick, I might be able to leave it setup for a little while.  It was nice to see my old profile still there, not certain on if I should start new or not but something to consider.

Do you want to know how much effort I used to go to for this game?

1640993913_JobSheet71024_1.thumb.jpg.f98af046c04f2dc9db1dbac415c23b8f.jpg

I used to watch a trucker on Twitch which gave me the idea of creating this template, it's based on the template he used to fill out for his work.

So, when I set up Trucksbook I joined my own company to test it out.

To join FG World I had to resign from my own company, which I've done, but it now says I have to wait 24 hours before I can join another company 🙄😁

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Had a good night trucking yesterday.  Earned about £35k though due to laon repayments, a few speeding tickets and a slight accident of rolling it and one with an immovable object I saw a net profit of about £6k 😆

Still, on Carl’s advice I took out the big loan, expanded my garage and now have 2 drivers for some passive income.  They only earn about £1.5k a day for me but it’s creeping up as they gain experience.

I think the next step for me is to do some truck upgrades or get a new truck as mineis painfully slow when towing heavy loads.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

49 minutes ago, Greboth said:

Had a good night trucking yesterday.  Earned about £35k though due to laon repayments, a few speeding tickets and a slight accident of rolling it and one with an immovable object I saw a net profit of about £6k 😆

Still, on Carl’s advice I took out the big loan, expanded my garage and now have 2 drivers for some passive income.  They only earn about £1.5k a day for me but it’s creeping up as they gain experience.

I think the next step for me is to do some truck upgrades or get a new truck as mineis painfully slow when towing heavy loads.

I bought a second garage with three slots, same price as upgrading your first garage. Went with long distance and dangerous loads as the main requirements for new drivers.

I've got truck speed limit set to 56mph, think that's default but yeah I'm waiting a bit before upgrading my engine, I'm level 12 so far.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

33 minutes ago, phil bottle said:

I've got truck speed limit set to 56mph, think that's default but yeah I'm waiting a bit before upgrading my engine, I'm level 12 so far.

Mine is 56 too.  The problem is running some of the hills, I think in to Grimsby, I start at 56mph but by the top I’m down to 15mph or so.  Or joining a motorway, the tight turn on the slip meant I crawled up the slip at 6mph.

So I know I can’t have a higher top speed but getting the minimum speed up would be nice.

Well this sucks. My wheel doesn't seem to be centered. It isn't off by far but still bugs me a little.

Dismantled the steering wheel and annoyingly, the sensor on the motor has a crack down it. Need to try source a replacement so I can fix it.

Good news is that I didn't break the wheel and it still works after being put back together. 😅

Well I've decided I'll be retiring from trucking for some months.  I heard about a method of gluing the encoder back together, so spent time this morning dismantling it all again, and this method probably works with the right strong glue, so all I did was make it messy and it wasn't bonding the plastic.  The only other option is spend money on a brass encoder, which probably does work but costs more than I'd like to spend and ships from abroad. I don't have the room or space to keep it dismantled anywhere until a fix is found, plus not a huge fan of the pedals.

So I'll hang my keys up for now and try and save some money if I can to buy a new wheel, so recommendations?

On 11/27/2022 at 3:30 PM, Spacedeck said:

So I'll hang my keys up for now and try and save some money if I can to buy a new wheel, so recommendations?

I’m sorry to hear that, Logitech peripherals seem to so rarely break it’s some bad luck.

As for recommendations, if you want console and PC support then you’re looking at Logitech again, Thrustmaster or Fanatec.  There’s a massive difference in price between the 3 so it depends on your budget as there’s a massive price difference between them.  I don’t think any are particularly over priced so basically get the one that fills your budget.

You said you didn’t like the Logitech pedals, maybe look at Thrustmaster as they have some loadcells pedals which should be better without breaking the bank.

My logistics journey continues slowly but surely.

I’ve fully paid off my initial loan so it leaves me with just ~£4.5k a day to pay in loans.  So, with no help from crashing and speeding tickets, I’ve saved enough to buy my second garage.  Though I don’t yet have the money to buy any trucks to fill the second garage 😄 Only need to save ~£200k for the trucks so shouldn’t take too long.

I’ve fully ranked up the long distance and high value on my drivers so now ranking up their hazerdous materials.  Hopefully, once everything is fully ranked up they will start earning some better money.  Though £4-£5k a day total isn’t to be sniffed at but it’d be nice to earn a little more to help towards more trucks and garages.

Do I absolutely need to use a wheel for this? Just thinking sometimes to hop in here and there may be just a ballache getting my wheel out every time. I picked up the version with some xpacs that were on sale so all in all cost less than 10 quid. Just need to find some time to get on over some weekends so I can get used to it. Whats a good first objective to aim for?

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I’d say a wheel is easier simply to do the long curves and lots of buttons for things.  Though I’d imagine you can do it on a controller reasonably well.

As for first objective, in the beginning you can only take paid jobs as you don’t have a truck of your own.  You can either keep doing them to earn enough to get your own truck or you can take out a loan to do so.  Once you have your own truck you can start taking your own jobs.