Climate Activists Protest

IRaMPaGe

Throwing a black liquid at one of Gustav Klimts's paintings. 

They only damaged the protective glass and areas surrounding. 

Protesting against Oil and Fossil fuels. Trying to destroy artwork, a bit different. I mean one man's painting isn't the target here, mislead anger. 

Surely there are better things to go for? 

AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Pair attack Death and Life painting in Leopold Museum in protest against fossil fuel ‘death...

I agree the attacks against works of art is a bit odd.

I feel like there is a reason they keep attacking artwork, like there is a point that they are trying to make that we are missing, just down to the fact they keep doing it. If there is a reason though, then they are not getting their message across very well because no one is understanding it.

That said, it does result in media attention which is what I imagine they want / are after most of all. No majoy protest has been successful without media attention and disruption. I hear people complain about the M25 protests, I guess I am in a fortunate position that it does not affect me but imagine if the Sufragettes just stuck to peaceful protest, how many years longer would it have taken for women to get the right to vote?

I really feel for the cause, but whether they are going about it the right way, getting the right response etc I am not so sure they are.

Luseth.png

4 hours ago, Luseth said:

I agree the attacks against works of art is a bit odd.

I feel like there is a reason they keep attacking artwork, like there is a point that they are trying to make that we are missing, just down to the fact they keep doing it. If there is a reason though, then they are not getting their message across very well because no one is understanding it.

That said, it does result in media attention which is what I imagine they want / are after most of all. No majoy protest has been successful without media attention and disruption. I hear people complain about the M25 protests, I guess I am in a fortunate position that it does not affect me but imagine if the Sufragettes just stuck to peaceful protest, how many years longer would it have taken for women to get the right to vote?

I really feel for the cause, but whether they are going about it the right way, getting the right response etc I am not so sure they are.

It's just to draw attention to the media, their intentions aren't to damage the paintings.

Nothing quite builds excitement like a multi million pound piece of art. 

This article here is interesting and explains some of it. 

WWW.SMITHSONIANMAG.COM

In the most recent stunt, protesters tossed mashed potatoes at Monet's...

All these protesters are mostly white, upper class posh twats who are well-travelled, privately educated and have very rich parents. They all look the same, they have no responsibilities and most have never worked in their lives. All brainwashed by Twitter 

This is the astonishing level of hypocritical degeneracy they exhibit

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

All these protesters are mostly white, upper class posh twats who are well-travelled, privately educated and have very rich parents. They all look the same, they have no responsibilities and most have never worked in their lives. All brainwashed by Twitter 

This is the astonishing level of hypocritical degeneracy they exhibit

This, whatever your views on climate change etc I have no time for these people. As James said I've asked on twitter why they are all white, and apparently it's because of how POC are treated by the police, yeah ok. Most seem to want COVID level restrictions, one woman interviewed was on disability but tramping round the streets protesting they are all major spoiled hypocrites and if twitter is to be believed 🤣 they get shit constantly it's some of the best comments sections around. Here's a reply I got from someone that then blocked me, I actually before the block thought it was a parody.

Screenshot_20221117_042834_Twitter.jpg