Sega Mega Drive Mini 2

J4MES OX4D

As was I @Bubblybrooko

The first Genesis/mega drive game I ever played was Altered Beast.  Golden Axe followed that up.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

22 hours ago, Bubblybrooko said:

I was always a SNES and NES focussed dude, less on the Sega side

21 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

As was I @Bubblybrooko

Nooooooo 😭 Sega all the way baby 😎 None of that weird Plumber guy (Sorry Dave! @Plumbers Crack 🤣).

I mean, the titles look pretty decent for a change. They've focused on some titles that are actually pretty hard to get at a reasonable price if you want the original - Streets of Rage 3 is over £100 on its own if you want the original. Still feels weird though as its emulated so you could just download them on your PC for virtually naff all if you wanted to play the game.

For people that can't get into buying the old kit and just want a quick easy bit of nostalgia, I can see why they'd go for it. Do you think its a own goal that they couldn't make the cartridge slot to work with the original games?

Forum Signature Test.png

It now just feels like they will release any old console. If they didn't charge so much, I'd be all for it but these things are pricey.  At this point I'd rather just emulate the system, that's essentially what they are selling anyway.  You can build a Raspberry Pi for much cheaper and have access to many more games and systems in one place.

35 minutes ago, Spacedeck said:

It now just feels like they will release any old console. If they didn't charge so much, I'd be all for it but these things are pricey.  At this point I'd rather just emulate the system, that's essentially what they are selling anyway.  You can build a Raspberry Pi for much cheaper and have access to many more games and systems in one place.

Personally, you could recreate this using your idea for way less cost. Either 1) use a 3D printer to create the Sega Mega Drive with a space to fit the components for the Raspberry PI, or 2) buy an old faulty Mega Drive for next to nothing on eBay. Open it up and stick the Raspberry PI in it. If you can get that working in the same way, you have access to way more games too with some nostalgia. Its all about the effort really vs handing over money for a ready made one.

Forum Signature Test.png