Heavy Rain

McNasty

Picked this up for a whopping $6 after touring a retro videogame store with my oldest.  I remember people here taking about it and didn’t want to check youtube for spoilers and such.  I’m maybe 1 hr into the game and it’s sluggish but I can see a story getting developed.  Question is - Is

this game just going to make me depressed?  I have 3 littles and I don’t need added drama in my life because that’s just not fun for me.  Seems like Last of Us is the same way which is why I haven’t

tried that one either.  I like games for fun and don’t mind some drama but I don’t want to play through an experience where my kids die and shit.  Is this game worth continuing or should I pass?

PS3 is the new retro btw.  We’re old now, gotta accept it.  

Hmmm, its a slow burner of a game and it was made to make you think.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:32 AM, McNasty said:

this game just going to make me depressed?

I don't think it make you depressed but you said you want an experience that is fun and I think this is more one of those thinking deeper games with some unique ways on how it interacts and plays. I haven't played it longer than a few hours as it was pretty sluggish for me too and not enough to hold me from the start. I'm sure there was abit that would be grips to you play more - the only person that really loved this as far as I can remember was @JsinOwl .

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

8 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Hmmm, its a slow burner of a game and it was made to make you think.

I don't think it make you depressed but you said you want an experience that is fun and I think this is more one of those thinking deeper games with some unique ways on how it interacts and plays. I haven't played it longer than a few hours as it was pretty sluggish for me too and not enough to hold me from the start. I'm sure there was abit that would be grips to you play more - the only person that really loved this as far as I can remember was @JsinOwl .

It was @JsinOwl as he put me into it, the story was fine I found the gameplay a little lacking but I did see it through. Even the sex scene 😁

On 9/18/2022 at 9:26 PM, techno said:

Even the sex scene 😁

You've just probably given @McNasty  enough to carry on with the game now 😅

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Picked this up again today, this time on PC along with Beyond Two Souls which I didn't get round to playing. Although I know the story of Heavy Rain, I'm looking forward to giving it another go after a good 13 years. Along with The Walking Dead game, I think it will go down in history as a very important and unique game of its time.