Retro Revists

J4MES OX4D

As there is nothing much worth playing for me right now, I've spent the last couple of weeks revisiting (and finishing) some classics which has been great fun:-

Max Payne (2001)

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Max Payne 2 (2003)

Alan Wake (2010)

All these are Remedy titles who are a popular developer of the past two decades and have really unique titles that have really stood the test of time. Next on my list is Condemned: Criminal Origins (2006) which was title from the early Xbox 360 days which I've picked up on PC. Didn't get around to playing it back in the day but it's made by the same team that did FEAR so I'm definitely looking forward to it despite its age. 

Anyone got any old games on the go that they are working through right now or recently? I'm enjoying doing this than forcing myself to play some generic new release. 

How is the steam deck Phil? I have looked at them but not sure how much use it will get, I already neglect the xbox series S as I have a switch and PS5...

As far as retro games go, it is something I have been leaning into more, the games tend to be more varied, with older retro they are also shorter which means I do also get to complete them. The 360 / PS3 era is some of the best as far as games go, the PS4 will feel quite stagnant when we look back at it I think as we haven't seen many jumps forward (the VR being the obvious exception). But as far as game content goes we seem to have plateaued a little bit.

Luseth.png

3 hours ago, Luseth said:

How is the steam deck Phil? I have looked at them but not sure how much use it will get, I already neglect the xbox series S as I have a switch and PS5...

As far as retro games go, it is something I have been leaning into more, the games tend to be more varied, with older retro they are also shorter which means I do also get to complete them. The 360 / PS3 era is some of the best as far as games go, the PS4 will feel quite stagnant when we look back at it I think as we haven't seen many jumps forward (the VR being the obvious exception). But as far as game content goes we seem to have plateaued a little bit.

Steam deck has surprised me, I'm really enjoying the array of different games I can play on it. It's not for shooters without kb&m as peripherals, but it has made me playing games I haven't touched. For example, I'd never gotten around to playing Call of Cthulhu but I'm loving it on the deck, particularly late at night before bed. The sound is amazing too btw.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I play Halo Combat Evolved (not the MCC edition), Halo Custom Edition and Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer on PC.  I'm playing through Call of Duty 3 on my X360 and just started Championship Jockey on X360 today.

I remember CoD3 being shown at E3 and I was very impressed with what was being shown.  I never did get around to getting the game though until I bought it not long ago cheaply.

10 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Steam deck has surprised me, I'm really enjoying the array of different games I can play on it. It's not for shooters without kb&m as peripherals, but it has made me playing games I haven't touched. For example, I'd never gotten around to playing Call of Cthulhu but I'm loving it on the deck, particularly late at night before bed. The sound is amazing too btw.

I so want a Steam Deck.  I wonder how many sexual favours I'll need to perform in order to get one?

8 hours ago, Spacedeck said:

I play Halo Combat Evolved (not the MCC edition), Halo Custom Edition and Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer on PC.  I'm playing through Call of Duty 3 on my X360 and just started Championship Jockey on X360 today.

I remember CoD3 being shown at E3 and I was very impressed with what was being shown.  I never did get around to getting the game though until I bought it not long ago cheaply.

Man, the first time playing Halo on xbox was one of those sweet gaming memories of mine.  The music, look, and feel of the game was so awesome at the time.  I really dug CoD 2 but man, I hated 3.  

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

7 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

I so want a Steam Deck.  I wonder how many sexual favours I'll need to perform in order to get one?

Probably quite a lot of sexual favours if your after @phil bottles

One,  I heard he is awfully fond of it. 😁

On 8/26/2022 at 4:10 PM, phil bottle said:

I have put my name down for one, say's quarter 4 of this year Oct-Dec so hopefully will have one in time for christmas 🙂 

I have quite a steam library that I have not really gotten through so between that and my current Switch backlog I could probably get through this cost of living crisis 😄 

I may try some emulation with it, just because it would be good to play some of the games I have at home on the go (I.e. I just bought shining force 3 on the saturn which I am excited to try).

But yeah, it does mean I have been watching steam and picking up the odd cheap game here and there which is probably not a good idea 😄 Like I never completed GTA IV so bought that for about £4-5 the other day.

Luseth.png

So I managed to chalk off Mafia: City of Lost Heaven the other week and then instantly went through it again start to finish with the community mod pack. Almost unheard of that I do the same game back to back but this one is particularly enjoyable and especially as the mod makes such a significant overhaul to the games initial weaknesses. Remarkable game if you can get over the slow-ish start and some jank.

Vanilla

Modded

2 hours ago, Luseth said:

I have put my name down for one, say's quarter 4 of this year Oct-Dec so hopefully will have one in time for christmas 🙂 

I have quite a steam library that I have not really gotten through so between that and my current Switch backlog I could probably get through this cost of living crisis 😄 

I may try some emulation with it, just because it would be good to play some of the games I have at home on the go (I.e. I just bought shining force 3 on the saturn which I am excited to try).

But yeah, it does mean I have been watching steam and picking up the odd cheap game here and there which is probably not a good idea 😄 Like I never completed GTA IV so bought that for about £4-5 the other day.

Funnily enough GTA IV was one of the first games I installed. It's fantastic on the deck 🤗

jeffersonclasswar.jpg