Stray

I'm gonna pick this one up tomorrow.  Since @Rumelylady and myself are cat people, this should be a fun one to play through.

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

I made the fatal mistake of showing this game to my cat obsessed 5 year old daughter. Needless to say we’re playing it. 

When we aren’t playing it I’m getting asked to play it no less than 45 times a day. 

Seems kinda interesting. Definitely different. I’m not paying much attention though cause I let her go til she gets stuck and then help. It’s cool having your kid play shit though. Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

Early thoughts so far...  A lot of movement is very scripted.  Every jump in the game is guaranteed and the only time you'll fail is if it involves a cut scene of the cat falling.  All the little cat actions are there.  Meowing a lot, clawing up trees, doors and carpets, knocking stuff off of ledges and shelves.  It's a cat lovers dream.  Yes, @Rumelylady did give the sad face at the start of the game when the cat was "hurt" but it's not graphically violent at all.

There's a little robot companion you find that helps you along the way and you can find "memories" to help it remember who it is.  No real combat to speak of.  It's more avoiding the little enemies that look an awful lot like the face huggers from half life.  

Decent so far.  I'll update as I go.

8 hours ago, Riff Machine said:

Early thoughts so far...  A lot of movement is very scripted.  Every jump in the game is guaranteed

That's something that's putting me off a bit but I may just have to treat it as a walking simulator as opposed to Uncharted with a cat😂

It's actually a bit of a shame because some of the environments look really amazing to traverse manually and it would've been nice to have an element of risk to go with the movement flexibility of a cat. 

I finished this one last night.  It's a very disappointing ending IMO.  I won't get into details, but if you play through it, you'll see what I mean. 

This is one example where I'm glad they didn't charge full price for this one.   Getting through the story will take most roughly 4-8 hours, even with finding all the collectibles.  We may end up talking about this one on a Dice to Pixels episode soon.

If you're curious about it, wait for a sale or when it becomes a PS Plus monthly freebie.  

On 7/25/2022 at 10:10 PM, Riff Machine said:

or when it becomes a PS Plus monthly freebie. 

Good review Chad. I think this part is what i'll be waiting for. Its a refreshing simplistic game to see but not something that pulls me in to play at all in all honesty.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb