Northern Journey [PC]

Been playing this last few days and it's a great game! A light RPG adventure game set in Norway with all the busywork cut out. It's basically a watered down Skyrim with hints of Hertic and made by just one person. Combat is a bit janky but great fun and there are some really good enemies done well like spiders. Kinda feels like an linear open world game with a classic 90's feel. Great soundtrack and only a tenner too! 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

48 minutes ago, Tar-Eruntalion said:

wow it looks beautiful too with nice atmosphere, how's the story, is it good or at least average?

It’s pretty minimalistic but quite intriguing. You always have a handful of quests to work through and everything seems to flow nicely. You arrive at a mysterious island so you’re as much in the dark as your character but it’s great to see things unfold without it being too plot or quest heavy.

I’m 12 hours in and it’s about a 13-15 hour experience which is just about right especially if people are burnt out with open world games of late.

I may have to check this out.  Thanks @J4MES OX4D 🤘

*The opinions of Riff Machine do not reflect those of Forever Gaming ;)*

14 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

It’s pretty minimalistic but quite intriguing. You always have a handful of quests to work through and everything seems to flow nicely. You arrive at a mysterious island so you’re as much in the dark as your character but it’s great to see things unfold without it being too plot or quest heavy.

I’m 12 hours in and it’s about a 13-15 hour experience which is just about right especially if people are burnt out with open world games of late.

thanks for the info, will definitely check it out sometime, i too am really tired of endless, bloated but barren at the same time open world games we have been getting in the last decade