Should Scotland become independant?

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mainly aimed at Brits/Scots but all comments welcome. I'll put a poll up when I'm next at a PC

I don't have a vote so I don't follow the campaign in depth but I have a sneaky feeling Mr Salmon is trying to have his cake and eat it in some aspects

If Scotland breaks away I think the only constitutional links that should remain is defence and that's not because of the nuclear subs as I feel they're an over-rated and expensive force

If they leave the UK that should be a completely separate currency, application for independant membership (if wanted) for the EU, banking system, etc

I personally hope they vote no - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em ;)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

I just don't trust Salmond. The important stuff just isn't clear enough.

Currency - Are we going to use the pound? Huge uncertainty.

Bank of England - Salmond says that we currently have no say in our rates as they are set by Bank of England. He's technically right but another reason why I don't trust him or his logic. We're part of the UK so while Scotland doesn't have a say in the rates for Scotland, we're taken in to consideration for the UK. If we go independant, our rate gets dictated to us, without a second thought about us. What other country in the world has their rates chosen by a completely seperate country? Madness.

NHS - What happens to that?

BBC - Already documented, but not clear. We become SBS, and we get some of the same shows as BBC. But at what cost? BBC will own the license (I'd assume) so would we have to pay extra for our TV license to cover it? Could BBC turn round at any point and go nah, you're no longer British so you're not getting Top Gear, Wimbledon etc...

Pensions - No idea what happens to mine.

EU Membership - Salmond says we'll get it, next day President of Spain says it's not guaranteed.

Olympics/Davis Cup/British Open - Does Scotland get the British Open, renaming it The Open, or do we share it? Do we give it up? What happens with representing at the Olympics, Davis Cup? Football is fine, but we still play in a lot of sports under United Kingdom or GB, do we lose that?

BAE - This is the shipyard in Glasgow, building aircraft carriers. They were in Portsmouth as well but hundreds of jobs there went, majority kept their jobs in Glasgow. What happens to that contract, and others that are similar? The UK aren't going to build their aircraft carriers in ANOTHER country.

Everything is working fine as it is, there's too much uncertainty for a decision to be made this year. Why change something that isn't particularly broken?