Competitive Call of Duty

Chookes

More roster changes:

OpTic have already parted ways with Parasite and Ricky, or the other way round. I didn't expect that team to last at all but I didn't expect it to end so soon. Apparently, there was very little chemistry between them and a lot of arguing in an online tournament. OpTic have now picked up MBoZe (who left FaZe without really telling them "lol") and Saints. I think they are really good pick ups. I think Saints is a great player and I was watching them yesterday, they'll work well as a team.

Formal, formerly of FeaR and better known as a Halo player, fills Clayster's empty spot at tK.

I don't know what team Parasite and Ricky have gone to but Clayster mentioned that despite the two of them arguing more than anyone else, they will be sticking together.

I watched the MLG 2K series online and it was good. Complexity beat EnvyUs in the final but it was close. EnvyUs are looking good and already seem really relaxed with each other.

If I hear more, I'll update.

The main reason all these changes are being discussed is because it involves OpTic. I've been following competitive for about 3 years and these changes are happening consistently, just not to OpTic. As soon as an OpTic change happens, it seemed to highlight all the other changes, changes that no one would have really cared about had Scumpii not left first.

I'm glad he's back. I like OpTic and I like Scump so I'm happy. I think Clayster will be chuffed with his decision. I think they'll work well together. I think the weak link to still Nadeshot (when I say weak, he's a very, very good player). It'll be interesting to see how MboZe gets on, he's good but I don't think he's as good as a Scump/Clayster/Parasite.

Also, it seems that Scump left Envy without telling them. They picked up Study from Curse NY (a good player).

Proofy leaves EnVy!

Leaving nV needing a fourth.. again.

Current EnVy roster: Merk, Goonjar and Study.

Proofy is a great AR player and it will be interesting to see where he ends up, I hope he ends up somewhere good.

Edit: So you can read it. http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s00kua

Proofy replacing MBoZe would be a good move for Optic.

Im not sure, Mboze can switch between helping Nade with Obj as well as slaying if it needs it.

I feel Proofy would try and play a Slayer role which would leave Optic relying on Nade far too much to get Blitz caps and jump on flags.

APmVvKG.gif

Optic aren't playing well so far, 2-0 down already in the winter invitational, having lost to nV and SB

http://w3.reddit.com/r/CoDCompetitive/comments/1voufi/mlg_ghosts_winter_invitational_w1d1/

Looks like Scumps had some big games but looks like they're getting wiped!

Nade was playing like an absolute twat, constantly whining and not listening to the others.

Mboze was not helping on the OBJ at all and dropping negative numbers a lot of the time

Clay was trying to push the OBJ with an AR instead of playing more of a Support/Slayer role. This meant Nade was getting spawn fucked.

Scump was doing OK but needs to play more in the role that Optic needs him to rather then just doing his own thing (trying to be a Karma).

And above all, whoever is host in this game is king. Champ qualifiers is going to be squeaky bum time for some teams

APmVvKG.gif

The first game against SB was OpTic without Clayster, BigT was playing instead. The games were entertaining but SB played better on the night. The Blitz finished 11-10 so I don't think OpTic are that far away from being where they want to be. They played against SB in a scrim and looked better.

I still think MBoZe and Nadeshot are by far their weakest links. Swap MBoZe for ProoFy and OpTic will be pretty close to Complexity/Curse LV.

I swear Optic are like Jekyll and Hyde. Last night they played ridiculously well winning aginst Faze and Tk 3-1 both times.

Their respawn games look solid, winning both their Domination games against Tk OFF HOST!! The SnD strats could do with a little work but a lot of the time it was just problems winning 1v1 gun fights. When they get hyped they look dangerous as hell :)

APmVvKG.gif

OpTic have the ingredients for a brilliant SnD team (it's Nadeshot's best game mode) so if they're doing well in respawn game modes then they'll be dangerous for COD Champs.

Were those wins regular scrims Kiwi or part of the league?

Definitely. They just need to keep grinding out these scrims and winter League matches jus till they have everything down and it becomes second nature. As long as they keep the hype they are absolute monsters, and like you said they will be extremely dangerous for champs and on LAN.

Matches for today;

1. TK vs Faze
  2. Curse LV vs Denial
  3. Curse LV vs Curse NY
  4. Denial vs SB
  5. OpTic vs SB
  6. Denial vs nV
  7. OpTic vs Curse LV
  8. Faze vs OpTic
  9. TK vs SB
  10. Denial vs Curse NY
  11. nV vs Curse LV
  12. nV vs TK
  13. Curse NY vs Faze
  14. Optic vs Denial
  15. Curse LV vs SB

APmVvKG.gif

BfP1rrzCUAAqBcg.png

OpTic have been pretty decent since they went down 0-3 in the league. They are 5 - 3 since then and two of those losses have been against Curse LV and they were close (except for SnD). They were brilliant games. They lost a Blitz in overtime, they lost a DOM by one point. They also lost a 25 point lead with 4 minutes to go as well in another DOM. Small mistakes but they're coming together. And I'm really enjoying their communication. Clayster looks like he'd be a douchebag if you saw videos of him all hyped up in games but he's actually brilliant for OpTic. He's calm, support and has great communication.

I'm a scump fan so here's one side of a scrim against Curse LV, if anyone is interested:

Optic did very well last night winning 3-1 against Denial and 3-0 against Curse NY which was an extremely good win for them especially as NY have come very close to beating Complexity and Curse LV. This now puts them up to 2nd I believe in the winter league on a 7-6 w/l record and 28-21 Map count.

It seems like they go back and forth on whether they win their SnD's or Domination games on each series they play. I would probably say they need to practice a little more SnD because some of their games seem to finish really close rather then Optic just shutting them down with no problems. No need to put extra pressure on themselves.

APmVvKG.gif

Well the Qualifiers have started today and already the big names are getting rid of some of the smaller teams with big numbers being put up.

Although Optic did make it difficult for them selves with a very close 3-2 win over a random team.

APmVvKG.gif