Rocket League

On 4/27/2023 at 8:51 PM, slamminbones said:

Might have to re download this as it's been quite some time since I last played.

Its always good to have it downloaded. Really easy to pick up and play a few games quickly.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

On 5/1/2023 at 2:34 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Its always good to have it downloaded. Really easy to pick up and play a few games quickly.

@slamminbones I'm always down for a few games if you're around. I like how it breaks up playing MW all the time.

4 hours ago, James5497 said:

@slamminbones I'm always down for a few games if you're around. I like how it breaks up playing MW all the time.

Hopefully get it on download tonight but after tomorrow night I'm not around for 2 weeks but yeah definitely need another game out side of Cod.

slamminbones.png

Cheers for the heads up @Lurchzy, picked them up this week 👍

Good few games on duo and trio quickplay last night. Felt like SBMM was on for Quickplay though? Maybe just our luck that we came up against some good teams making my brain work too hard 😅

5 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Cheers for the heads up @Lurchzy, picked them up this week 👍

Good few games on duo and trio quickplay last night. Felt like SBMM was on for Quickplay though? Maybe just our luck that we came up against some good teams making my brain work too hard 😅

I enjoyed it, definitely felt difficult at times but we played really well and I don't think we got smashed at all. 

Never know when to play competitive because I feel like the SBMM on that seems to be a bit harsh sometimes.

32 minutes ago, crippled_viper said:

Let's get some games in!! Just finished 3v3 competitive placing and I'm sitting Silver 3. Still working on 2v2 competitive placing.

Who else is playing currently? What are you sitting at for the competitive ranking?

Silver 3 isn't bad! Are you queuing up with randoms or have you got a team?

I'm a Diamond 2 in Solo, Platinum 3 in Duo, and don't know what rank for Trio, as myself @GazzaGarratt, @Macca89 and @LordBaguette tend to mess around with 3's.

19 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I'm a Diamond 2 in Solo, Platinum 3 in Duo, and don't know what rank for Trio, as myself @GazzaGarratt, @Macca89 and @LordBaguette tend to mess around with 3's.

Complete randoms. I'm sure I would be higher if I had a team.

29 minutes ago, Lurchzy said:

I also don't like the solo play. One I'm not that good and it would defeat me mentally every game.

1 hour ago, crippled_viper said:

Complete randoms. I'm sure I would be higher if I had a team.

Definitely, nothing worse than randoms on Rocket League 😂 

Biggest word of advise would be finding a team for competitive, otherwise play casual until you find a good teammate and use the Group-Up feature and play competitive then.

1 hour ago, crippled_viper said:

I also don't like the solo play. One I'm not that good and it would defeat me mentally every game.

I completely agree — I don't play Solo often for this reason exactly, it is so mentally difficult.

(Plus you don't have teammates to blame if you lose 😂)

Tried to go back to this slowly over the past week. Its just mostly rythmn to get back to where I usually land which is high gold and into Platinum. I'm sure when we were playing it regular I hit low Diamond but regular games need to happen otherwise you lose that judgement skill, especially on high balls.

@crippled_viper Matt, I can add you to the clan we made on there whenever we get on it together. It doesn't do much as far as i'm aware but when you're joined up it can put you all in Home or Away colours when you play against another clan which is pretty cool.

6 hours ago, crippled_viper said:

Been playing some Rocket League with others. But I was able to capture this.

*To add links into the post is not loading a video. Not sure why this keeps happening for me. But I haven't had it work yet.

Sorry that keeps happening to you, I'll fix them any time I see them 🙂

Nice goal by the way 👏 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Anyone tried those tournaments at all? Never seemed to spot one open when I've been on but thought they might be good fun to try. I also don't know why they can't make Chaos 4v4 competitive too. Yeah, there is more unpredictability in it but its still the same game so can't see why it wouldn't hurt. Maybe the games at the Elite level last forever perhaps? Who knows.

Great goal anyway Matt @crippled_viper!

Been enjoying RL a lot, it's always been my go-to game but I'm glad a few FGers are starting to play it regularly too.

Nice goal @crippled_viper!

Need to remember to record and upload a few of mine.