Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Socrates, one of the greatest Brazilian midfielders of all time was a 40 a day man, just saying.

Seriously though, Wilshere's being a bit of an idiot, the physical condition of players these days is the highest it's ever been, smoking won't do him any favours, from health or profile point of view. Can't you tell I've been smoke free for a week, with all this preaching!!

I was thinking that maybe on the left wing he could use Cole at left back and Baines on the wing maybe? Or they could interchange?

I've not heard much about Townsend but I hear he's meant to be a player with some talent but still yet to be fully developed. But still it's shows a gaping hole in these positions and there's not really alot coming through to fill it.

It's such a shame people like Ashley Young have gone off the boil so much. But I totally agree with the decision to drop him and the same goes for Milner. When you're putting a player in because "he does a job" it's not really acceptable for this level of football

We do lack quality in wide positions, everyone we have just seems to have place in their game...

Walcott- injured, has actually been pretty decent recently

Chamberlain- probably our best winger, has all the attributes and desire to do well, unfortunatly injured

Townsend- unproven, hasn't exactly done much of any note over the last few years

Milner- poor

Adam Johnson- greedy, but dosent posses the talent or end product for such greediness

Downing- injured, good crosser, but generally poor

Jarvis- pace no end product

Sterling- no end product

Young- sometimes has something special, has been out of favour of late

Welbeck will probably play wide left and Milner on the right...

EDIT, Lennon is just shit...

blackops2sig.jpg

It's a big game tomorrow night! We played well in the second half on Friday night but i still feel we're missing something big. Hopefully we'll start to gel more and be able to pass the ball as soon as the game starts.

If we come up against Spain or Brazil or any decent team, i think we're going to be in for a shock :/

I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow. The last game got me thinking alot more positively about our national team. The front 4, whilst not completley on the same page, look like they could be very formidable.

I just wish ww had a bit more spark in the middle of the park. Gerrard and Lampard are both of a similar build and their main competition is Michael "i can only pass sideways" Carrick!

I've literally just finished reading this on BBC. I find it weird that they're doing it to stop Polish people buying home tickets :/ The last few matches i've seen have had loads of empty seats, so i suppose if we're not buying them. Although this match is sold out by the looks of it, £45 for the cheapest ticket as well, so it's not a cheap 2 hours out.

They're going to make a lot of noise throughout the game and if we fall behind, get ready for us to fall behind with the crowd as well. I hate it when we don't play well and the crowd offers no encouragement :( hopefully that won't be the case though.

I won't lie, Blaszczykowski and Lewandowski scare the shit out of me...

They'd only scare me if I had their names come up in a spelling bee competition!

They're good players, but I really think we have the quality to do this. Just maybe not the positive state of mind....

Get in there Stevie FUCKING Gerrard!!

Bring on Brazil!

You got the result bang on Stretch.

Great 1st half display, they really put the Poles under a lot pressure and deserved more than just the one goal. Second half got a bit nervy and we did what all England teams tend to end up doing by defending too deep. Having said that they did it bloody well this time and never really looked like losing the game ultimately.

I thought Smalling at right back looked really good and should readily be given the opportunity over Kyle Walker. Leighton Baines had a good game also, and the 2 CB's looked solid. Joe Hart did what he needed to. Rooney looks really hungry as an England player, which can only be a good thing for us, let's hope he stays fit for the finals next year.

Great result, exciting game and fair play to Roy Hodgson over the last 2 games he sent out an attack minded team for both matches and it paid off, If you're going to win tournaments this, for me, is the right way to go. Make people beat us if they can, we have the capability to score goals with this mentality. Really looking forwards to Brazil next year now.

Hopefully I can sweet talk my colleagues over there into inviting me over for customer visits during the WC, the atmosphere in Brazil with their passion for the beautiful game will be amazing!

Completely agree with everything you've said Mark, especially the bit where your colleagues might get us all tickets? :D lol But seriously we played so well last night, the first half we immense! I haven't seen us play like that in years!!

Well done lads, properly proud of yas! 

Completely agree with everything you've said Mark, especially the bit where your colleagues might get us all tickets? :D lol But seriously we played so well last night, the first half we immense! I haven't seen us play like that in years!!

Well done lads, properly proud of yas! 

Our financial controller is already saying there's no way, but where there's a will and all that.