Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

lol yeah i stayed away from here until now, yesterday was heart breaking for me. So shit to see us play like that, we were awful. We didn't look like we wanted it at all, well, up until the last 15mins.

But yeah, yesterday was shit. Thought Fellaini was particularly poor as well, no idea why Kagawa didn't come on, or hernadez but what do i know? 

The thing is, this happened to Fergie back when he first took over and everyone was calling for his head but the club stuck with him and he turned out to be the greatest manager ever (IMO)

But if Moyes was to be let go (i know he won't) then i've honestly no idea, the only person i could think of would be the baby faced assassin.

I'd honestly be happy not to think about football this week but we got Liverpool on Wednesday :/

Mickey mouse cup this week though so not really a big deal on the result. Although I think Moyes could do with a convincing win just to make some of the more fickle fans shut up.

i totally agree about Fellani though Rich. I thought he was bought so you could play Kagawa as your creative player and Fellani would do all the tidying up. Fellani & Carrick just isn't a world class midfield pairing. It's barely a good Premier League midfield. I seriously hope that they get busy in the Xmas transfer window

Mate it's like you've plucked those words from my mind, i was so pissed off at us in the summer window and anybody who says at least we got Fellaini is wrong. The problem isn't the lack of transfers, it's the fact that other teams around us spent big, if they hadn't then the Fellaini transfer would have been fine but that's not the case.

I've still got confidence that we'll win the league, it's going to be hard but if anyone can do it, it's us :)

I've still got confidence that we'll win the league, it's going to be hard but if anyone can do it, it's us :)

If you still had Fergie at the helm, i'd probably agree with the above. But being as it's a new manager, I'm not really sure you can count on him getting as much out of the players as Fergie did.

I mean really when you look at Utd player for player they aren't really the strongest team, but somehow always managed to grind out the results. Plus Utd always seemed to go on a major run after Xmas. If Moyes can get this going for him, I think it'll be a quiet season for you. But so long as he's learning that's the main thing. It's by far the biggest change to any team in the summer regardless of Bale grabbing all the headlines.

It's by far the biggest change to any team in the summer regardless of Bale grabbing all the headlines.

Dude it's so nice to hear someone that's not a utd fan say that, we've been with the same manager since i was born. This was just a change it's like our whole footballing world has been turned upside down.

Like you say, as long as he's learning and i've got a feeling he'll learn quickly! (hopefully)

It'll be an interesting season, and I don't think you could really pick the top 4 from the current "big" 6. There's going ot be some very dissapointed people come the end of the season. It just worries me how cuthroat the Glaziers could be now that Fergie isn't there. Football is all about keeping the shareholders happy now, so would they give him time to settle if it were to be a poor season?

But if Moyes was to be let go (i know he won't) then i've honestly no idea, the only person i could think of would be the baby faced assassin.

Solskjaer ftw! It's either gonna be him or Giggs... 

Was watching the game with my bestfriend who is a massive United fan and he just kept saying "Omfg we're playing like crap!" Fellaini and Young were terrible. I'm just damn happy Arsenal signed Özil. What a signing... 3 assists against Stoke. Do I smell the first trophy Arsenal has had their hands on for the past 8 years? Possibly if we can sign a goddamn striker in January and get over all our injury problems...

What I don't understand is why Cleverley is barely getting any game time, I really rate him and for me he has the makings of another Paul Scholes.

As for the Gooners, after the 1st day defeat againsth Villa everyone was writing them off and saying here we go again. I'm glad that they have turned things around because as a purist there are few better sights in football than watching Arsenal at full tilt.

Tough call for this years PL title, no one team has stood out head and shoulders above the rest imo. I think the results in January and Feb will really show us who's got what it takes. They are, for me, the 2 hardest months in the calendar, that's where the big boys usually have to grind out results more than at any other time.

Well after another poor weekend of football for utd, it looks like we'll be getting a massive amount of money to spend in January. I've no idea why we didn't spend in the summer because we clearly needed to! The only thing that let us off is other big teams dropping points but it's still not looking good for us!

I expect a come back at some point! It's a different manager but they can still kick a fucking football!

I completely agree with you Mark, we should have but we can do nothing about that stupid decision and just hope and pray that we either remember how to play football or we can get some decent players.

Hopefully they're be some unsettled players about, especially since new signings but we'll have to wait and see.

Ozil to Arsenal looks like Deal of the Season already!

Hell yeah! Real can have Bale and Suarez, give us Özil and Benzema and we'll win everything this year! (Or atleast not get knocked out of CL the first match after groupstages...)

ENGLAND SQUAD
Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster, Joe Hart, John Ruddy.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Phil Jagielka, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling, Kyle Walker

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, James Milner, Andros Townsend, Jack Wilshere.

Strikers: Jermain Defoe, Rickie Lambert, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Daniel Welbeck.

We have a serious lack of wingers in the squad, what happens when we come up against a team that play 3 in the middle? I don't believe a lot of thought has gone into this, it just makes no sense to not even have the option. 

The 2 Arsenal boys are unavailble unfortunately, Milner shouldn't even be considered for England anymore imo. You're right though, there's no width in this squad. Will be interested to see if he gives Andros Townsend a punt.

I'd like to see Wilshere and Cleverley get a run of games in playing together.

Defoe and Sturridge are on fire at the moment so wouldn't mind seeing them pair up with Rooney slotting just behind them, and Welbeck has great golascoring form for Engand.

The defense should be good enough with the choices we have, I just hope Hodgson has the balls to put a team that should win these 2 games! 

You're spot on about Milner, i just don't see why we keep playing him. He doesn't bring enough to the table and for a supposed wide player his final ball is awful. 

I can see Hodgson holding off on a few players for the first game, then putting all the big boys in for the second game. We, for no reason, seem to think that we'll walk through certain games even though we've had some poor results over the last couple of years against teams who we should have closer to a cricket score.

What we want to do is put our main team out against Montenegro, then when we're in a comfortable position against them, make some subs and rest some people. But we need to make sure the job is done and not get complacent.

I'd like to see Wilshere (who's in trouble for being pictured smoking) and Cleverly get a run out together, they are the future and they need to get game time before Gerrard and Lumps retire.