Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

Spurs have just given Danny Rose a 5 year contract. He's not a popular boy and Spurs fans are going nuts.

I also found out that the player we're signing from Sporting Lisbon was born in England and moved to Portugal when he was 10...interesting....

I must admit i was surprised when i saw Danny Rose had signed a new contract, mainly because i didn't realise he still played for you guys  :lol:

I read about this dude to, never heard of him before but anyone from the under 21 squad is always a decent prospect, it's when they get a bit older they get lazy  ;)

I must admit i was surprised when i saw Danny Rose had signed a new contract, mainly because i didn't realise he still played for you guys  :lol:

I read about this dude to, never heard of him before but anyone from the under 21 squad is always a decent prospect, it's when they get a bit older they get lazy  ;)

Jermaine Jenas.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Spurs have just given Danny Rose a 5 year contract. He's not a popular boy and Spurs fans are going nuts.

Oxford Utd have a Danny Rose but he's a white chap. Equally shit too. Would love to swap ;)

I was at the Arsenal game when he came on the scene with that epic goal but he's done sod all but go backwards and become less popular since. Been on loan a few times but is really only a player to fill the team sheet IMO. Spurs can do much better. 

We had an incident like that before at Silverstone. Headbutts, knees, elbows the lot. Turns out 1 of their players was a repeat offender and went to a young offenders institute. Their team was banned from playing since that was their 3rd fight that season 

Looks like Vermaelen will definitely be leaving Arsenal with Man Utd the favourites.

Very strange transfer and all the chat that has come with it last two months.

It's like Man City signing the likes of Anton Ferdinand or Real Madrid buying Michael Dawson. It's just weird :unsure:

Looks like Vermaelen will definitely be leaving Arsenal with Man Utd the favourites.

Very strange transfer and all the chat that has come with it last two months.

It's like Man City signing the likes of Anton Ferdinand or Real Madrid buying Michael Dawson. It's just weird :unsure:

Vermaelen is good IF he's fit imo... But he never is so it is a bit of a strange transfer...

blackops2sig.jpg

You should post that in the New York City fc thread...

Also Man U look really really strong pre season, van gaal really does look like he's putting his mark on the team right away, Liverpool v Man U in the final aswell. Be good to see how Liverpool do as we haven't been that impressive during pre season by any means...

I'm looking forward to it, should be a real indicator of where we are for the season...

blackops2sig.jpg

You should post that in the New York City fc thread...

Also Man U look really really strong pre season, van gaal really does look like he's putting his mark on the team right away, Liverpool v Man U in the final aswell. Be good to see how Liverpool do as we haven't been that impressive during pre season by any means...

I'm looking forward to it, should be a real indicator of where we are for the season...

Liverpool have been playing with second string players and made it to the final. That's pretty impressive to me...

The Man U Liverpool fixture should be pretty good though.

Yeah it hasn't been star lineups, but other prem sides have been scoring lots of goals and looking really good, Liverpool have been scoring the odd goal here and there...

5 goals in 3 games with second string players isn't bad at all. I wouldn't be worried mate. Focus on the positives, Ibe playing awesome football, solid defensive displays (thank god) etc.

Well looking forward to the Utd vs Liverpool game, i think we've played really well so far preseason and we've used a fair few youngsters in our games so far which has been nice to see. 

Utd players will find out this week if they have a spot in the side or if they'll do an Ashley Cole and get shoved to the side :)

This is relating to the NYFC thread but though it should go in here instead.....Although football probably has grown slightly in America the one thing that this does show is what's really going on in the background. Two words, Man City. Over the next few years we'll be hearing about these new clubs more and more, and whilst i agree with sister clubs i don't agree with them being used to get around the financial fair play system which has been put on you because you fucked up the season before. There's no way Lampard would have been able to go from Chelsea to City but shocking he signed for their sister club and even more shockingly will then be loaned out to City for half the season. This is blatant dodging! City hope to have another 2-3 clubs in the next season or so, this is the list so far

Manchester City's affiliated clubs

New York City - from 2013 (partnership with New York Yankees)

Melbourne City - from 2014 (partnership with rugby league team Melbourne Storm)

Yokohama F Marinos - from 2014 (partnership with car maker Nissan)

Ha i was looking for the teams above and found this atricle where Wenger is saying the same thing  :lol: For once i agree with you Wenger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28635053

I have no issue if teams have sister or brother clubs but not if they're going to be used to side step the rules.

Great win for Utd last night, we've looked really good pre season! Cant wait for the season to kick off!

Highlights: http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/manchester-united/9406927/united-claim-international-champions-cup

City trying the get Falcao on loan so they don't get screwed by the FFP :)

Quite nice to see clubs can't just splash and insane amount of cash on players and not have it hurt them. Hopefully in years to come, managers will look to the youth squads even more.

Liverpool sign non-Southampton player, shock horror! http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28673375

I reckon we'll see a lot more teams in the next few years using the loan market to avoid breaching the FFP rules. Some teams have been paying parent clubs north of £5m for players plus a 100% wage contribution for their loan period as opposed to a full-blown transfer. 

Ah if only Norwich did that for Ricky Van Wolfswinkel last year :lol: