Football (Played with Feet)

Madjonny

I think if David Moyes receives no backing in this transfer window; either he'll walk away at the end of the season or the board will sack him in the summer.

He has the toughest job in football and in all honesty, the squad he was left with after taking over from Sir Alex wasn't the best despite United being champions. Last year they were pretty poor but managed to win the league by scraping wins and taking advantage of other teams inconsistencies. Ideally he should have been backed right of the bat in the summer but he missed out on several targets and only managed to land Fellaini at last-knockings at quite a hefty price. I don't think the board did enough in supporting him at this crucial time which lead to an 11th hour panic buy. I think they could have done with at least 5 players in the summer and really need that sort of volume this month if there is going to be any drastic turnaround in fortunes and to build on in the future. I don't think Young, Valencia, Nani, Jones and Cleverley are up to the standards despite winning the title 8 months previous and even the likes of Rafael and Vidic are performing well below-par. The magic of Fergie really grinded out success last season but it's proving a bridge too far for Moyes as the confidence and standard of football diminishes. 

The remainder of the season along with this month will be crucial for the club. As it stands; they may not be in Europe next year. They desperately need rejuvenating and strengthening else they could sink and lose the likes of RVP and Rooney to rivals. Ultimately United need to get some personnel in this window and if they don't; it will suggest the future of Moyes is in question. Either he will lose faith or the board have no confidence and the rest of the season will be damage limitation. 

The rebuilding should have started in the summer and that could prove pivotal if it hasn't already. The football isn't of a high standard, the results haven't been and the players have been well below par. 

What does everyone think of the Anelka situation? Judgement day from the FA tomorrow on the punishment which looks to be a 5 game ban certainty. WBA have lost their sponsor Zoopla too who pulled out before the Everton game tonight. I didn't understand what the gesture was about when I first heard about it but it seems to have caused quite a bit of controversy and if it is deemed racist; then he should be punished.  

I completely agree about what you said about utd ^ I won't say any more as i'm having a day off  :lol:

On the Anelka point, i think he's an idiot. He knew exactly how that gesture is seen by most people and he still went ahead and did it. I think these footballers forget that they are role models...even Anelka! It's just as bad as Suarez and should be punished the same, just because it wasn't directed at anyone personally doesn't mean people won't be offended.

That's alright though, Anelka will just move......he ALWAYS moves!  :lol:

I completely agree about what you said about utd ^ I won't say any more as i'm having a day off  :lol:

On the Anelka point, i think he's an idiot. He knew exactly how that gesture is seen by most people and he still went ahead and did it. I think these footballers forget that they are role models...even Anelka! It's just as bad as Suarez and should be punished the same, just because it wasn't directed at anyone personally doesn't mean people won't be offended.

That's alright though, Anelka will just move......he ALWAYS moves!  :lol:

Haha! I can't believe West Brom fielded him last night too. He's now been officially charged but he will inevitably leave for the UAE or some Turkish team probably and could be out the door at the end of the month so he may not even be here to see his punishment! 

Rich, Chill man! that was only a tiny dig from moi!! :)  Anyhow, hope Mrs R is feeling better now?

James, I think you can add Ferdinand to your exit door list as well. Can't see Utd missing out on European football, albeit the EUFA cup or whatever it's called now. That, or totally missing out, may be a positive tho as it would certainly focus minds in all parts of Old Trafford

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

James, I think you can add Ferdinand to your exit door list as well. 

I completely forgot about him :o

I thought he was past it last year too. I remember the Spurs game at Old Trafford when Tottenham won 3-2 and Rio was being torn apart all game and was responsible for the first two goals. 

I agree with Rich about him becoming a coach. He may seem a bit thick and lacking personality but he has plenty of experience and at times can talk a lot sense.

When did sky sports start showing coppa italia?

This week is the first time they've shown it, i figure there trying to get these games before BT sport takes everything.

Good shiz, even though i forgot it was on lol

Lmao! Could you imagine!

Looks good for us getting mata, just put in a 35m bid!

He is a brilliant player and could really bolster United in key areas they are lacking. Mata didn't train today apparently so a deal could be in motion and £35m is something Chelsea won't turn down. 

I think Mourinho has made a mistake all year not playing him but there is nothing keeping him at Chelsea now so it'll be a good move for all parties.

Heskey was a brilliant player, he lost it a bit in the last couple of years.

Do he still play? For some reason I though he went to Australia?

Apparently it's £40m! It'll breaking our transfer record if it goes through

Heskey was a brilliant player, he lost it a bit in the last couple of years.

Do he still play? For some reason I though he went to Australia?

Apparently it's £40m! It'll breaking our transfer record if it goes through

He plays for Newcastle...

...In Australia :lol:

£40m is a fair old whack but he's a world class player. Chelsea paid £30 for Will.i.aint so it does sound about right in this crazy climate!

Mata could be Utd's Ozil. The player that they need to link it all together. Personally a front 4 of Kagawa, Mata, Rooney and RvP sounds very intimidating. A few more class signings and they should be good for 4th.

Watching the match at the pub tonight and i hope utd put on a better show this time. Last leg they were spineless really. Which is something i'd never have said of a Fergie utd team