Stake Your Faction Allegiance Guardian!

GazzaGarratt

State your Faction Allegiance  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The factions return 26th September. Who will you stake your allegiance to? Future War Cult, Dead Orbit or New Monarchy?

Just like my Titan I couldn't pick anything else to go with him - FWC 4 Life ;) I also thought their guns were the best (okay, I know about Hung Jury, but....yeah, new game and all that).

It might matter more this time round who you faction up with as it is now badged as a rally. So lets see those colours.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

4 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I picked FWC but it will depend on what the armor looks like and how good the weapons are. 

I so thought you'd go Dead Orbit. I also love the fact FWC have got an awesome hangar to themselves in the Tower.

Funny thing is, I have this theory that if its a rally then they'll be a faction type war each season. The winner will then get ownership of the hangar and the colours and logos will change.

3 hours ago, NCA-Paendrag said:

I have no idea and know not what it means.

In the first game you could join one of three factions - Future War Cult (FWC), New Monarchy(NM) and Dead Orbit (DO).  Lore wise each faction came about for varying reasons which off the top of my head I can't remember.  In Destiny 1 , you join a faction and you gain xp for it and each time you level up you get given some armour or weapons.  There used to be differences in the armour they gave as to what stats got boosted, for example FWC used to speed up super and grenade recharge at the cost of slowing down your melee charge.  This got removed later on in D1 and each faction offered varying stats on their armour which, to me at least, it then became irrelevant which faction you were part of (short of it you were trying for a specific weapon like Hung Jury).

I was FWC early in D1 purely because to me, super and grenades are more useful to me than a melee.  As above though, once this got removed though, I stopped caring about factions short of trying to get some of their specific weapons.  I hope they have brought back some differences in the factions so I'll wait to see if/what they are before aligning myself with one.  If there is no, or very little difference, then I'm leaning towards DO or NM as their shaders were cool in D1 and FWC always looked shit.

1103954298_AmosSignature.png.04556f304072cd09783cc1fdfec8fe9f.png

8 hours ago, Greboth said:

In the first game you could join one of three factions - Future War Cult (FWC), New Monarchy(NM) and Dead Orbit (DO).  Lore wise each faction came about for varying reasons which off the top of my head I can't remember.  In Destiny 1 , you join a faction and you gain xp for it and each time you level up you get given some armour or weapons.  There used to be differences in the armour they gave as to what stats got boosted, for example FWC used to speed up super and grenade recharge at the cost of slowing down your melee charge.  This got removed later on in D1 and each faction offered varying stats on their armour which, to me at least, it then became irrelevant which faction you were part of (short of it you were trying for a specific weapon like Hung Jury).

I was FWC early in D1 purely because to me, super and grenades are more useful to me than a melee.  As above though, once this got removed though, I stopped caring about factions short of trying to get some of their specific weapons.  I hope they have brought back some differences in the factions so I'll wait to see if/what they are before aligning myself with one.  If there is no, or very little difference, then I'm leaning towards DO or NM as their shaders were cool in D1 and FWC always looked shit.

I had a bunch of questions and then read this post, sorted:1310_thumbsup_tone1:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

18 hours ago, TigerBurge said:

I picked FWC but it will depend on what the armor looks like and how good the weapons are. 

DO for me, but I agree with Burge on this one.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Dead Orbit probably, but it depends on what the armour/guns looks like.

Funnily enough I already have a New Monarchy scout rifle (Sentencer IV), and the default shader on it seems to be a darker red with worn white and gold accents.

The same rifle also shows up as Classified in the Destiny app...

Via the FG App

1562265543_Starletlogsig.png.19b3c199efb193f2f7d11a161bf5a2d6.png

4 faction guns are available ahead of the Faction Rally from W/C 26th Sept. They drop out of Cayde's Loot Boxes. By far the best looks the AR from FWC called The Number. Nearly as good Uriels Gift apparently.