Server crashed..... my bad

Sennex

I mentioned earlier that I was investigating an error (See the Tommy thread). 

[Timer-0/WARN]: Could not lock User prefs. Unix error code 2.

[Timer-0/WARN]: Couldn't flush user prefs: java.util.prefs.BackingStoreException: Couldn't get file lock.

I was trying to fix this, and dicking around with server side file permissions, and I locked the world folder, which I don't understand how I did..... but I did..... This corrupted it.....

sorry folks, we lost the builds so far.

I opened a ticket to get the permissions fixed as it isn't something that I have access to, I thought I did, but I don't.

Also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To help the tree issue, I made some changes to treecapitator. 

I am working up rules now for the server. and I expanded Server Spawn protection out to 8 chunks.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Never mind Bart, at least you managed to find the issue, update everybody and its early into it anyway.

Is there like a 'testing' phase we're having before we officiallt start or do we just learn and adapt stuff along the way.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Maybe he can get a server roll back? Is this an option? Losing progress now is only mildy annoying but further down the line when we're doing epic builds, losing everything would be a disaster.
I know nothing of server maintenance but the ability to roll back would be useful.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Probably for the best.  Gave us rabble a chance to get to know what to do (and what not to do).  The new build can get started on the right foot now.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Probably for the best.  Gave us rabble a chance to get to know what to do (and what not to do).  The new build can get started on the right foot now.

This is true, we've still a few more to join and there's a healthy ratio of noobs, semi noobs and pros to go around.

The work Bart has put in already is awesome by the way. Really appreciated man [emoji106] [emoji123] [emoji109]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

So we didn't have any backups yet, we hadn't hit the time frame where I felt it was needed yet. They are active now however.

The particular issue we are having isn't fixed yet, but I know not to attempt to sort out the permission again. Once our current ticket is closed I will open a new one based off of this error. (TL;DR I learned from my mistake)

I don't mind putting in the work to make a nice place, as you all have probably noticed I feel passionate about these things, and will try to make everything look nice, clean, and inviting for others.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Yes.

Think of it this way. Minecraft is a community/ neighborhood. If you are looking to buy a home, and the neighborhood looks like crap, then you won't want to live/play there. If it looks nice, then you want to, and whats more, is if its really nice, then you might want to spend money on it.