Have EA ruined any hopes of a sequel?

MrBiron

As we all know this game didn't sell too well. Purely down to the fact that EA are complete fucking idiots and decided to release it between a Battlefield game and a COD game. Which are the 2 best selling shooters around. So if somebody can only buy one shooter then they're obviously not going to choose a relatively unknown game.

So, have EA ruined any chance of a sequel?  I really hope not as this game is absolutely fantastic. 

Will they say "it didn't sell so we won't fund another game"? Or will they admit they fucked the launch date and give the go ahead for a new game? Hopefully common sense will prevail and we'll get another one.

fart.gif

Isn't titanfall 2 a sequel? So sequel of the sequel. The game was fantastic compared to the first one and the only downfall was their time of release. I expect a third game to be released but hopefully they can build onto it even more and pick a better release schedule. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

The way that games are going Titanfall 2 should be out and popular for some time. Regular free updates is the way to go so possibly no need for a T3.

Plus whilst the release date was crap, they received awards for this game and over time they just need to find the right window to re-promote.

Via the FG App

Forum Signature Test.png

I think Titanfall's ultimate undoing is the fact it's a weak brand.  EA certainly didn't help Titanfall 2 this time around despite a far more respectable business plan behind it aside from the release timing, plus the Xbox exclusivity on the original caused a divide that put PS4 owners off from the sequel and even many XB1 owners of Titanfall weren't too interested in this one as the first went stale after a week.

The game scored really well and despite some decent discounts, it's really struggled to get a decent population which is a shame. I don't think Titanfall has the same widespread appeal of other brands in the genre despite it being produced by industry veterans - seems a lot of people would rather continue buying Call of Duty just for the name even if it's ironically made by the Infinity Ward imposters who replaced the current Titanfall developers!

If EA didn't ruin Medal of Honor, it would have been fitting for Respawn to go and work back in the series they created with EA back in the late 1990's. I do think that is where EA want them and why they brought them back from the clutches of Activision - to compete with COD but Respawn who wanted to do their own thing have persisted with Titanfall for 5 years and it's possible that they may do another unless EA bite the bullet and put their foot down. I don't know if they are contracted and who has a final say on creative development but I'd say that both parties are in limbo.

I'm with you there @J4MES OX4D, if CoD had an absolute carbon copy of the Titanfall 2 game then we'd all be back to the CoD days of old I reckon.

Tbh, I enjoyed it but don't play it much because of little engagement with FG people. If there was more interest I'd be more inclined to play it.

Forum Signature Test.png