Playerunknown's Battlegrounds

phil bottle

Other firms doing the battle royale may be on sticky ground legally but who knows...

From what I understand, playerunknown (aka Brendan greene) has some sort of 'right' to this game mode.

I first came across this mode in Arma 2, and then Arma 3. Free mods that Brendan created.

When H1Z1 adopted the format as an addition to their game, they used Brendan as a consultant.

The Fornite version seems to say that Brendan has no claim to it, which is interesting.

I know nothing of the law around these things.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, GazzaGarratt said:

Nearly 2 million concurrent playerson Steam now. Part of me thinks if I was the developer, I wouldn't be going exclusive with Microsoft. I think if they delay themselves further into the PS4 market then they'll lose out to Fortnite and other games that would have had the time to develop this game mode into their game.

It's money. PC will drive this game due to the ease of updates and then making money through LANS as an eSport (Although PUBG is an awful eSport to watch) They don't care about losing out Sony because of how restrictive they are with updates, etc. 

i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GEFORCE 1080, 240GB SSHD, 2TB SSD

6 hours ago, The3rdWalker said:

It's money. PC will drive this game due to the ease of updates and then making money through LANS as an eSport (Although PUBG is an awful eSport to watch) They don't care about losing out Sony because of how restrictive they are with updates, etc. 

Plus keeping traffic on the PC allows them to grow the Steam community marketplace which the XB1 and PS4 doesn't offer. I've already sold about 80 quid's worth of virtual clothing which has paid for the game and given me a huge profit and seen Bluehole and Valve take a cut too. I don't like cases but when you earn them for free by playing the game and have some idiots willing to spend hundreds on looking like further idiots in-game; I'll gladly take their money for my Steam wallet! 

2 hours ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Plus keeping traffic on the PC allows them to grow the Steam community marketplace which the XB1 and PS4 doesn't offer. I've already sold about 80 quid's worth of virtual clothing which has paid for the game and given me a huge profit and seen Bluehole and Valve take a cut too. I don't like cases but when you earn them for free by playing the game and have some idiots willing to spend hundreds on looking like further idiots in-game; I'll gladly take their money for my Steam wallet! 

I bought a few gamescom cases and was able to sell them. I even have that tracksuit I could sell.

I bought a few gamescom cases and was able to sell them. I even have that tracksuit I could sell.

What? Hang on, so you're telling me you play the game, get loot boxes, obtain virtual non-essential in-game attire, then you sell it off to randomers that want to buy those fetching pink jeans?

This is ridiculous.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

What? Hang on, so you're telling me you play the game, get loot boxes, obtain virtual non-essential in-game attire, then you sell it off to randomers that want to buy those fetching pink jeans?

This is ridiculous.

People are selling vitual coats for nearly $600 and if you look at the buy orders; they are willing to spend $400 so if someone lists their item that meets a buy order; it sells immediately http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWN'S Trenchcoat

This case is listed for $1800 http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/578080/PLAYERUNKNOWN SET with buy orders of $1700 at the time of writing this. The developers can easily make $50-200 on one transaction like this for simply receiving a cut. 

It's insane really but this is what gaming has become. I can't complain entirely as I am able to make a few quid a week on vitual crap and it's just purely cosmetics but at the same time I find it pretty ludicrous. 

It's amazing. We all know gamers want cosmetics, this is a great system. The crates you buy with in game currency that is free and if you get something rare you put that bad boy on the Steam marketplace. I mean Fortnight had those insane pack systems to buy if you wanted. A buddy of mine bought the $300 version of the game. 

What's the major differences this has to Fortnite?
Graphics
Fortnite has gone for the cartoon style of graphics

Transport
Fortnite doesn't have cars or motorbikes

Weapons
Fortnite continues the cartoon theme whereas PUBG has gone for realistic weapons and feedback

POV
Can switch between 1st and 3rd person in PUBG. Also has 1st person only servers

Other than that, PUBG is more intense and requires more skill. Fortnite is PUBG for casual laughs and kiddies... but that doesn't mean I don't find it a fun game :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

2 hours ago, phil bottle said:

Graphics

Transport

Weapons
Fortnite continues the cartoon theme whereas PUBG has gone for realistic weapons and feedback

POV

Other than that, PUBG is more intense and requires more skill. Fortnite is PUBG for casual laughs and kiddies... but that doesn't mean I don't find it a fun game :)

Also I think the loot level quality such as the armour and helmets is another thing that differs. Directional sound is probably another but still needs some work on PUBG. Fortnite also bizzarely allows for base building on the fly which is a strange inclusion especially when you can generate cover. 

Graphics

Transport

Weapons

POV

Building...

I'm in favour of base building but not when it takes a few shots ro knock it all down.

But yeah its a different mechanic and a major difference between both games.

Fuck knows how I left it out!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I'm in favour of base building but not when it takes a few shots ro knock it all down

The building element in Fortnite is flawed because players can build instant cover to save their arses. If someone is shooting at you head on, you can spawn an instant wall and then keep on building so the opponent can get remotely close to you. It would be fine in an open survial sandbox mode but for BR; it's a really strange implementation especially in how it can impact gameplay.

I recently sold the Twitch Prime bundle on the marketplace for a little over $26. I also managed to get a tracksuit from a Gamescom chest and the jacket alone is selling for $21.60. I love this marketplace. I have almost $50 for a game, pretty dope.

On 11/4/2017 at 6:36 PM, The3rdWalker said:

I recently sold the Twitch Prime bundle on the marketplace for a little over $26. I also managed to get a tracksuit from a Gamescom chest and the jacket alone is selling for $21.60. I love this marketplace. I have almost $50 for a game, pretty dope.

Nice! I had a disappointing week case-wise but still made a collective £12. That can go towards AC:Origins. Proving to be a good earner this. Just need a killer drop to make £500 and I wont have to buy another game for a couple of years!

1 hour ago, J4MES OX4D said:

Nice! I had a disappointing week case-wise but still made a collective £12. That can go towards AC:Origins. Proving to be a good earner this. Just need a killer drop to make £500 and I wont have to buy another game for a couple of years!

I am hoping my Tracksuit sells. I am currently at $43.75 and now that seeing AC:O isn't garbage I'd like to buy it, but why pay for it right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the 2nd one had been deployed but obviously not. This type of game mode would signficantly benefit from more maps sooner rather than later. It can make such a difference as playing Fortnite can get a little stale when you get to know the map very well.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb