Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer

Found some interesting stuff about the new MP missions.

Mass Effect: Andromeda‘s multiplayer mode includes category called Missions. These limited-time activities can be played in either single-player or multiplayer, providing a link between the two.

Missions were touched upon by BioWare previously, but we now have our first look at the selection screen. Thanks to this new image from game producer Fernando Melo, we can see the types of rewards we get from these Missions and what they could look like.

andromeda_missions_screen-768x358.jpg

As you can see, Missions give out single-player and multiplayer rewards. Some are timed, and have specific gameplay modifiers.

According to lead designer Ian S. Frazier, you can either send strike teams on these missions to earn single-player rewards, or actually go in yourself with buddies in multiplayer to earn rewards for both single-player and multiplayer.

Frazier also confirmed that although multiplayer will be available from the get go, Missions mode will be unlocked after reaching a certain point in the story.

Earlier today, BioWare outlined some of what’ll be available in the game’s EA and Origin Access trial, as far as limitations on both single-player multiplayer go.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, DarkArch3typ3 said:

Can't wait to pick this game up. Maybe we can run together again soon. 

I'd happily pick this up if the MP works out to be like the ME3 version.

That looks fantastic. Same battle music as ME3 right? The few MP games I played on ME3 shown me a different co-operative game that is out there to what Destiny does. I will be getting this for sure, just for this game mode alone.

Makes me want to pull out the ME versions before this and run through it!

An app will be available from Monday onwards called Apex HQ. This is for strike missions, teams and multiplayer loadouts.

Sounds pretty awesome to me. If it can be anything close to Assassin's Creed Black Flag that would be ace.

Did the tutorial and a few bronze missions with the engineer.

It feels a little clunky with button options not obvious choices but that's probably just me. The jumping and dashing is a little square-shaped and not fluid as I'd hoped. I don't think it will take away from the fun factor too much. Progression seems quite difficult with low level players as you reach Wave 6 and 7.

Could see if we could get some MP rounds in at some point later this week if anyone is around? May be better in a co-ordinated group.

Via the FG App

I'd been delaying playing MP until some of the more glaring bugs are ironed out.

I've now also done the tutorial and agree. Warframe does the jumping and dashing much better and I also wish there was an FOV slider.

The single player currently has me hooked but i'm up for MP this week for sure!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

I've done quite a bit of multiplayer. I'm willing to tag along with the lower level to help.

I would say the best way to approach it is to run a Vanguard or Soldier and get some decent packs so you can level up your weapons and gear. There are some pretty decent Uncommon weapons and gear. Also run the Apex missions in the background with you strike team. Every time it is sucessful you get some of those Apex point that you can use on gear and packs. It takes none of you actual time except to selection. Pick the bronze ones. They are worth just a much as the others.

I run the Krogan Vanguard which is uncommon. He's pretty amazing and fun. Don't waste your time on the 50000 or 100000 credit packs yet.

I routinely play silver with the Krogan who's at level 16 or so right now. No problems.

Bronze is a breeze in most cases