Your Videogame Shopping List

J4MES OX4D

After a fairly quiet period of games; seems they are coming in thick and fast now which is great and also terrible at the same time as money and fitting them all in wont be easy and I may even have to overlook a couple that I was particularly looking forward to.

I've bought Gears of War 4 for PC today and I'm definitely looking to pick up Battlefield 1 next week with just Planet Coaster my only other must buy for the year. With FIFA 17 a game I'm already playing quite regularly; these 4 will eat into my time and keep me occupied long into 2017. This means I'm gonna have to neglect Dishonored 2 for now along with Skyrim Remastered and will even have to overlook Civilization 6 which is definitely a major time sink even on its own. 

This will also be the first year since before 2007 that I wont be playing a Call of Duty game and I'm quietly thankful that MW:R isn't a standalone at this time else I would've had to rethink my entire Christmas strategy. Infinite Warfare is one game I have absolutely zero interest in and I'm certainly not being baited into buying it with the remaster as leverage. Unlike previous years where Call of Duty has dominated; there is plenty of choice elsewhere thankfully. 

What's on your shopping list for the rest of the year? 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll split this between PC and PS4.

PS4

BF1 - loved the Beta and the latest footage has me drooling

COD - Partly for the MW remake yes but I also want to see how IW plays.

I've pre-ordered from Amazon and it clocks in at £98 for all three games.

PC

I'm mostly playing the free mods on Arma 3 (and on Arma 2 again too recently funnily enough) at the moment (plus I haven't finished either Deus EX or Doom) so I may wait for sales on most games.

Skyrim re-mastered - I get this for free as I have all the Skyrim DLC on PC.

Dishonored 2 - Dishonored on Xbox360 kind of bored me. On PC it was so much more satisfying. I'll look out for a bargain on this.

Civ 6 - I had to ban myself (and Mina) from playing Civ 5 so this is a no no.

So - other than the ton I'm forking out for BF1 and the two CODs - I'm not planning on laying out for another game before the end of the year (other than BF1 DLC I suppose:221_see_no_evil:).

disHonourable mention

Watchdogs 2 - lol no ficken way until it's under a tenner:lol:

Mafia 3 - the sky:blink:

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Well hyped about the games coming out.

My list of pre-orders:

FIFA17 - Received last week and loving it so far. There's so much they've added to the game!

BF1 - Looking forward to this the most!!

Cod - I get it every year and enjoy them so an extra tenner for cod4 was too good to pass up

Final Fantasy - I think this will have to go next to BF1 for games i'm looking forward to the most, still need to see the film as well :221_see_no_evil:

11 hours ago, phil bottle said:

I'm also expecting update patches for Star Citizen which lately are like a whole new game in each one. 

This game does make me question whether to invest in a PC in the future. Looks incredible.

Forum Signature Test.png

1 hour ago, GazzaGarratt said:

This game does make me question whether to invest in a PC in the future. Looks incredible.

You have plenty of time to save, I'd say it's at least a couple more years before this is finished. I backed it nearly 3 years ago and the project just keeps getting bigger and bigger from its original aim. If they pull it off properly it will be awesome. 

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

BF1 maybe. My BETA experience wasn't that great. The game didn't play well at all for me. I'm waiting to see what my Internet will be like once I move to San Jose

Fallout 4 perhaps. I've been playing Skyrim on the PC lately. I just love that game and I might get Fallout to have something similar, but yet different

Perhaps Mass Effect once we know more. ME2 was one of the best campaign I have ever played (in my opinion anyways), ME3 was one of my favorite multiplayers. If they can duplicate either one of those I going to get it for sure. 

Battlefield 1

TitanFall 2

Skyrim Remastered... will be added to my library. But that is free... so not sure it counts as "shopping list" 

Zelda: Breath of the Wild for the WiiU...whenever that drops. 

... I think that is it. I may pick up CoD:IW in April. If they do a stand alone MW4 may be a Christmas n00b on that one. 

For Honor looks cool, had an alpha code but was never able to get in. ..also looks like it could be really bad. hah. 

I'm not sure whether to get Fifa 17 or  PES? I like the pes gameplay better on the pitch but Fifa seems to have more game modes etc.

i think I'd like a cod or BF game as I used to enjoy the online multiplayer back on the PS3.....would be good to play with some people I know rather than just randoms. 

And I'd like to get final fantasy remake as this was the game myself and Lee played a lot and loved back in the day 😊

7 minutes ago, Findmartin said:

I'm not sure whether to get Fifa 17 or  PES? I like the pes gameplay better on the pitch but Fifa seems to have more game modes etc.

i think I'd like a cod or BF game as I used to enjoy the online multiplayer back on the PS3.....would be good to play with some people I know rather than just randoms. 

And I'd like to get final fantasy remake as this was the game myself and Lee played a lot and loved back in the day 😊

FIFA 17 is really good this year and I highly recommend that over PES. I've been more of a PES fan and it has come a long way in the last few years after a poor performance last gen but this year it's not really gone anywhere and is looking a bit threadbare features and content-wise. FIFA 17 is a massive step up from last year and the gameplay is massively improved. With tonnes of  modes, teams and on the pitch quality; it's the only one to consider this time around IMO.

BF1 will be hugely popular on PS4 here so that's a great choice whereas CoD has lost all interest and barely anyone talks about or plays it nowadays.  

On 12/10/2016 at 11:17 PM, GazzaGarratt said:

Bf1, Fifa 17 and probably something else other than CoD for shits and giggles. I never truly played a Battlefield game properly so I'm looking forward to trying to play it thoroughly this time round.

I've fixed my own post :91_thumbsup:

Forum Signature Test.png