Private Matches

GazzaGarratt

Private Matches people....this will be sooo much fun, we need to get something regular going inbetween new quests and the new Raid. Can't post properly as I'm on my mobile but Bungie update below. Who's in?!

-----------------------------------

SIGN IN
JOIN UP
News // Destiny
This Week at Bungie – 08/18/2016
10h - Cozmo
This week at Bungie we revealed Private Matches. 

We’ve been so eager to finally share with you the long-awaited Crucible feature you’ve all been clamoring for. You may have thought we would save that juicy piece of info for the very end of the stream, but we had kept the secret for long enough. That's why we dropped it in the first 15 seconds of the ViDoc, Forged in Fire, that rolled at the beginning of the stream. If you haven’t watched it already, it tells a great story about everything that awaits you in Rise of Iron. Go and watch it now. We’ll wait.

After kicking off the livestream with the ViDoc, DeeJ, Lars Bakken, and Steve Cotton took a dive into the details of Private Matches and Supremacy, a new Crucible Game Type in Rise of Iron. Two teams made up of community members and Destiny team players battled each other in the world first “public” Private Match. If you missed the stream, you can also watch it right here. Again, we’ll wait

Private Match Makers

We knew as soon as you learned of the ability to easily organize matches in Destiny that your imaginations would run wild. We made sure you had some guidelines ready for those of you who fancied yourselves event organizers who wanted to host a tournament. If that sounds like you, give our Competition License a read before you start. 

If you're looking to join a thriving competitive scene, rather than build your own, our old friends at MLG are welcoming Destiny Clans to register for a shot at glory on GameBattles.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really looking forward to private games and maybe trying to make our own mini games.

Plus there's a possibility for another group to be created on gamebattles to have a bash at this. Quite possibly one of the best additions to the game since release

11 hours ago, Plumbers Crack said:

Melee only with no supers!! :lol:

As long as shoulder charge is allowed!

We'll have to see what the max amount of players is in private, here's hoping we can have 12 of us in a party.

Forum Signature Test.png

H

1 hour ago, TehMoe said:

Yeah its 12 for private matches, they demo'd a 6vs6 during the reveal. Should be interesting as I've always wanted this basic feature. Be fun to just go in with friends and mess around.

Thats great news! Thanks Moe.

How is Destiny in-game chat these days? I always end up in a party chat but with only 8 being in there, you won't be able to talk to each other if there's 12. Would be great to have all 12 chat shit at the same time but my gut says it'll be just your fireteam you can speak to in-game.

Forum Signature Test.png

Such good fun tonight people! Great laugh doing all kinds of stuff (Supers, Punches, Grenades, No weapons, swords, infection)

A few things stood out.

We can make this a weekly thing on a Monday night. Whoever is on it is private party time after most of the weekly content has been done. Most were up for it tonight so I can set up a regular event up so we can add our names to each week if we're on or not.

Ending on a traditional team deathmatch would be epic. Traditional PvP styles as we normally would.

Lastly, to keep it fun each week, to buy the green guns on sale from the Gunsmith that Monday night and only use them. Tonight was a dirty hand cannon with machine gun.

Hilarious fun and we could do so much with these games now. Great start to the week!

Forum Signature Test.png