Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just started this today and it's a good game but be warned; the prologue is the most tedious, terrible and mind-numbing introductions to a game I have ever seen. I almost refunded it based on that alone. Thankfully it does get better but be prepared for the worst hour and a half of your life gaming-wise.  

^Ha ha! Many thanks again for GROUND ZEROES. I don't possess the patiance required for MG; I want to slaughter everything. But the cinimatics are rediculously awe inspiering. Holy wow! End of first mission I had 44 confirmed kills at negitive 8800 points. :lol: I'll stab and shoot a bitch. I aint concerend with stealth. Come at me yo! :D

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

^Ha ha! Many thanks again for GROUND ZEROES. I don't possess the patiance required for MG; I want to slaughter everything. But the cinimatics are rediculously awe inspiering. Holy wow! End of first mission I had 44 confirmed kills at negitive 8800 points. :lol: I'll stab and shoot a bitch. I aint concerend with stealth. Come at me yo! :D

:lol: I was nearly out of patience alone yesterday with the prologue on The Phantom Pain. I don't get how they've done Ground Zeroes which is a perfect warm-up to the main game yet the first 90 minutes of TPP is just crawling along a hospital floor hiding under beds and watching some painfully exaggerated cut scenes. Thankfully the game seems pretty good after that though. MGS certainly ain't for everyone - I've already turned this stealth game into an action fest due to sheer impatience B)  

I'm exactly the same, tried Groud Zeros and got bored after 5mins. I can't do sneaky stealth games anymore, only ones that move at a million miles an hour.

I haven’t played a Metal Gear since 2. I really liked the first one, especially the VR training missions, so I was excited to play a new one. I like what I've played so far but I was taking issue with the enemy AI. Like when I sat my ass in the gun turret figuring I’d test the limits of the reenforcement call-ins and maybe summon some helicopters and the tank to try blow up before it blows me off the tarmac, after killing like 10 of them no more came my way! I could hear them running their mouths at me but they never came close? Felt like I hopped off the rails. Then being in the basement going to get Paz I yoked up and stabbed the two guards next to the cage, more came so I hid until the level was calm enough to open the door. They turned their backs to me, I opened the door right behind them and they disappeared? I planned to shoot and use them to call everyone to their position while I scooted out the back. Still fun because it's different but if it were more like Just Case I think it would be even better.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Any reviews from anyone who's played this a lot? I know James has smashed it and I'm tempted as I get paid tomorrow and the money's burning hole in my pocket already :)

It's a great quality game! The gameplay is very fun with quite a bit of variety - you can go guns blazing, full stealth, snipers, CQC etc. the enemy adapts to how you play which results in yourself finding new ways to take them out.

As for story it is what you'd expect from a MGS; an interesting story that had quite a large scope. The cutscenes aren't extremely long like they were in MGS4.

There's a lot of content; I believe around 47-50 main story missions and 157 side missions - all of these are replayable and have a points system which give an incentive to go back.

Looks stunning and runs smoothly except it does get annoying when trying to run over little rocks or up slight hills; your character can't seem to climb things with more than a 45 degree incline.

The multiplayer isn't up right now but hopefully that will also add to the game.

I would definitely give this game a buy; a must-play in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kia Ora. 

It's a great quality game! The gameplay is very fun with quite a bit of variety - you can go guns blazing, full stealth, snipers, CQC etc. the enemy adapts to how you play which results in yourself finding new ways to take them out.

As for story it is what you'd expect from a MGS; an interesting story that had quite a large scope. The cutscenes aren't extremely long like they were in MGS4.

There's a lot of content; I believe around 47-50 main story missions and 157 side missions - all of these are replayable and have a points system which give an incentive to go back.

Looks stunning and runs smoothly except it does get annoying when trying to run over little rocks or up slight hills; your character can't seem to climb things with more than a 45 degree incline.

The multiplayer isn't up right now but hopefully that will also add to the game.

I would definitely give this game a buy; a must-play in my opinion.

Thanks dude, bit the bullet and I guess I'll be playing this later!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Any reviews from anyone who's played this a lot? I know James has smashed it and I'm tempted as I get paid tomorrow and the money's burning hole in my pocket already :)

I'm in two minds about this game - on the one hand it offers fantastic gameplay that you could play for hours but the story is absolutely lackluster and almost non-existent which is shocking for an MGS game. It's very much a mission-based open world game and not a narrative-driven experience that you'd expect from the series. The missions are fun but it can get very repetitive. The story is exceptionally weak, the script is abysmal and there isn't much variation in the missions on offer. Having said that; you could easily get 100 hours + out of it especially with the base/weapons/items development but it can feel a bit tedious at times. There is 50 missions in the main 'story' which is bullshit as only about 12 are regarding the plot - the rest are just side missions practically and we already have 157 of those. Chapter 2 is an insult because most of those missions are just repeated from the first chapter but on a harder difficulty setting - this is one of the biggest design flaws I have ever seen in a videogame and it's a travesty that it's come from Kojima - he's filling in the plot holes by recycling and this just makes the absent story seem cringeworthy. Also the game feels unfinished and there's so many plot holes and filler moments; it's actually quite embarrassing to play at times and you have to wonder what brands of cigarettes they have in Japan as I don't know what the fuck Kojima and his team was smoking at the time when they were designing/writing this game. 

On the whole, it's a great game in its own right and you will get your money's worth but as a Metal Gear Solid title; it's one of the weaker ones and the way it was produced is mortifying. 

Yeah I probably should have prefaced I haven't played very much of the MGS series so I was coming in new - maybe why i didn't mind the repetitive nature as everything was new [emoji28]

I hope the multiplayer works well [emoji102]

Kia Ora.