The Ashes

phil bottle

I think this test series is going to be a classic. A few months ago I would have expected the aussies to thump england.

The series against NZ came at a good time and this will be a competitive summer of cricket. 

Let's hope the weather holds :)

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so Phil, I really do. The aussie bowling attack looks damn good though. Need a few of the new breed to step up to the plate and be counted.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

Also need to get out of the one day and 20/20 mentality and remember in test cricket you don't need to swing at everything ;)

Ha! Yeah, get what you mean there.

However, for the first time I've watched England I've never felt more for wanting them to go out and just attack them. The talent is there, it's just being bold enough to do it. I'd take a few innings where we get skittled just for the sake of trying to play aggressively - it worked for Australia for too many years against us.

Still getting used to Tapatalk so totally missed this thread. Which was surprisingly quiet during the 2nd test!!

1 spanking to each team now. I just worry how well the Aussies could bowl on a flat pitch compared to ours. I think weather will be a big factor in deciding the series. If we can get good weather to start swinging the ball i think it's ours. If it's just red hot sunny days then the Aussie pace takes it. Both sides have a comparable batting line up that runs deep down the order.

Hopefully the rest of the series gives some interesting matches rather than the 1 sided affairs we've seen so far

Still getting used to Tapatalk so totally missed this thread. Which was surprisingly quiet during the 2nd test!!

1 spanking to each team now. I just worry how well the Aussies could bowl on a flat pitch compared to ours. I think weather will be a big factor in deciding the series. If we can get good weather to start swinging the ball i think it's ours. If it's just red hot sunny days then the Aussie pace takes it. Both sides have a comparable batting line up that runs deep down the order.

Hopefully the rest of the series gives some interesting matches rather than the 1 sided affairs we've seen so far

Completely agree, I suspect though its going to depend who bats best for the rest of the series.

The 2nd test was a joke, apart from Cook looking in better nick.

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

For once, its good to see the selectors make a change for the right reasons. Ballance was seen as a weak link before the series and paid the price. Nothing against him but sometimes there are bogie teams as unfortunately for him its the arch enemy.

Bairstow has been in amazing form of late so it's good to see if you play well in County Cricket you'll get a chance.

Looks like a bad batting wicket which makes a nice change. A promising start on our go, just need to make sure we push on for around 300 to put us in a strong position heading into the 2nd innings. I think it'll be another eventful day though

Looks like a bad batting wicket which makes a nice change. A promising start on our go, just need to make sure we push on for around 300 to put us in a strong position heading into the 2nd innings. I think it'll be another eventful day though

You nailed that on the head, exciting moments right now!

jeffersonclasswar.jpg

Awesome day so far. Really good game as it keeps swinging one way or another. This is a good interesting game with no chance of a draw, proper test cricket. A couple more wickets tonight and we're in a pretty good position.

Great day of cricket all round. It's all in the bag, but it's been entertaining at least. More of thr same in the next test if you don't mind please! Also how fucking good is Ali?!! Guy is awesome as a no 8 and can spin the ball like a good un too!!