My current view of the world...

JsinOwl

You work for Sandvik Stretch?

Yup been there for 9 years now for my sins!!

In other news my tent fits(ish) in my back garden!!

20150603_202105.jpg

We got soaked last weekend and it needed airing and my mrs insisted it wouldn't fit. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup been there for 9 years now for my sins!!

We sell grinding wheels to you guys, though mostly to the mother ship in Sweden I think.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

We sell grinding wheels to you guys, though mostly to the mother ship in Sweden I think.

Where is it you work J? I use a couple of American suppliers for my grinding wheels.

//Gary - What made you switch? Money i guess

Norton / Saint-Gobain Abrasives

I work in superabrasives (diamond and cBN products). We sell a lot of either 350mm or 400mm (forget which) 2A2T type wheels to Sandvik. I'm sure other stuff as well, but that's what I'm familiar with.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

At least it isn't another dumpster, like the one you were talking about the other night.

/so glad I missed most of that story

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Sitting at my desk trying to sort out locations for all the damn wolf chests

cnKUQCy.jpg

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

20150606_134327_zpsqtxapcay.jpg

Making cake balls.  My wife and son decided to make cake balls, but I'm the designated chocolate dipper.  (one bag of chocolate chips to half a block of paraffin wax, melt in double boiler)

Pro tip:  These are too big, especially the ones on the left.  They got lazy and made a few big balls instead of many smaller ones.  These are very difficult to get to hold together long enough to let the excess drip off before putting on the wax paper.

I had no idea paraffin wax was edible. O,o

Yup.  Cheaper commercial chocolates that are shiny will generally have paraffin wax or carnuba wax.  They are edible, but not digestable.  The purpose is to make it shine and to resist melting in your hand.  There is some way to "temper" chocolate to have a glaze without wax, but its a bitch to do in large batches at a low cost.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/the-food-lab-best-way-to-temper-chocolate.html

It CAN be done at home in small batches if you are dedicated.  Or you can just use wax.

Fixed that for you

Absolutely!  I didn't know you were into archery (or, I'm just a slow-head and forgot).  That's cool man.  I started shooting when I was a little kid.  I don't get to do it as much as I used to, but it's so much fun.  Compound or recurve?  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png