Trials of Osiris First Impressions

GazzaGarratt

Well, what a game mode. Me, Stretch and Diddums decided to give this a crack over the last few days. Now I'm not the greatest PvP player but I know I'm not the worst.

Well, i feel like I am now.

We won just a couple of games across the two days and got spanked in A LOT of games. We weren't taking it too seriously but we were still trying! The second night we started to get the hang of it and tbh we were a nats ball off getting 4 wins overall but ended up with just 2. [emoji36]

It's not nice to get beat several times in one night, but damn, when you play and win it is one of the best rushes on the game. Very edge of your seat game mode. Hope some of us can give this a go in the future.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a rush. We did considerably better than Friday night too. I think we just need to play some more and we'll be in the secret room thingy in no time.

Awesome fun though. The highlight for me was Stretch's jump sniper kill.

banlol.png

It has been really good fun to try it out. It's been a steep learning curve but fun whilst getting there. The highs we've experienced over thr past couple of nights far outweigh the dissapointment of the multiple spankings we had. Diddums going all MLG on a game and getting 15 kills was just fecking awesome!

I know PvP isn't everyone's bag but this game mode will give massive longevity to the new content for me. It's well worth a bash if you have the patience to learn how to play the game mode, as it can be frustrating at times.

Would have given it a go with Chris last night if needed but I think he had a go with matt and chip wonder how they did.

Doesn't really appeal to me but I would join to make a team up but it seems you really need to be 34 and have a 365 weapon to at least give you a decent chance.

I think it was frank last night said he had checked other teams and just left if they had trials loot wasn't worth wasting time?

I really enjoyed it. We started out on a roll. 4-0 then it went south quick. Three strait losses. First match was a shutout. We raped the other team 5-0. It's when we lost a close match tied at 4 that deflated us. Chip got pissed and stopped listening,thinking he could just rush the other team. That doesn't work. You have to communicate and work as a team a listen to callouts.

I dropped the boots and was pumped. The realised they were light level 36. That sucked

Asked chip about it,I asked when he would do it again "never " was the reply lol

Seems like the gear isn't worth a shit which sucks.

The stuff you drop isn't a different level but for 5 wins you can lv34 gear.

Looks nice though.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

The stuff you drop isn't a different level but for 5 wins you can lv34 gear.

Looks nice though.

The problem is for what I have seen, the perks are crap...the armor is awesome looking and all, but the perks should be better in my opinion all the craziness you have to go through to get it...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

The problem is for what I have seen, the perks are crap...the armor is awesome looking and all, but the perks should be better in my opinion all the craziness you have to go through to get it...

They could always buff it later down the road, so anyone who has it, should definitely hang onto it.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

The perks are PvP based. So if you want good PvP gear its good to go for

Went 9-0 twice in a row, then 9-1

Been to the Lighthouse once.

Came out of ToO with the Auto Rifle (Summoner), Sniper Rifle (Eye of Sol), Adept Hand Cannon (Void Jewel of Osiris), Chest Piece (Exile & Watcher set), Gauntlets (Watcher set) Cloak (Exile set, got two), and the Shader (Aaru's Passage)