Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on PS3.

JsinOwl

Yeah man, buy recruit packs until all of your common items are maxed out. Then buy Veteran packs and spoil yourself on occasion witha with an arsenal pack for weapons or a recruit pack for characters.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the max # I can have?

also, I had a ton of fun, sorry I kept dying though. I was doing next to zero damage on any of those guys

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Whats the max # I can have?

also, I had a ton of fun, sorry I kept dying though. I was doing next to zero damage on any of those guys

The max number on consumables is 255.  You won't be able to use that many in any given match, but will be able to build your capacity up to either 5 or 6 (can't remember if everyone can get the 6th of if that was a special event).

The max number on weapons is 10.  Once you max out a weapon you won't get any more of its cards.

Character cards give you access to that character and then new ones give you appearance options.  It used to be you could get character cards for characters you'd maxed out and get exp, but at least for the rare and above characters you won't get them after you max out appearances.  I'm not sure on blue and silver characters after all the updates.

I still disagree with Jason on recruit packs.  I'd recommend Veteran packs from the get go.  Play a character that relies more on powers, like an adept, who aren't so gear sensitive.  You'll max out your commons soon enough anyway, but the uncommon (silver) guns are where you start to do enough damage to be useful.  You'll also start upping your capacity for consumables and you'll start getting gear for the gear slot.  That 4th slot can be a major boost to any character.

Oh, and gear in the 4th slot is not consumed after a game, its like a weapon and stays.  Consumables in the other 3 slots ARE consumed unless it glitches and doesn't eat them.

I bought a lot of recruits but decided to switch to the Arsenal pack for a while. I get what Jason wants to do but even if you max out all your crappy vanilla weapons you still won't do damage. No one likes the weapons you start with.

Go for the Arsenal and try to get the geth shotgun. Once you have that everything else becomes easy. Once you get the geth trooper Soldier you become a monster. That guy is a beast.

I have 3 shotguns now, and then the rest is all the starter crud.

I had been running soldier until you joined in Doc, and then I switched to Sentinel. Those were the classes I used in the game. I maxed out Fitness after we finished last night. I am close to maxing out something else, I don't remember what though.

I had some points laying around so I bought the top tier Crate, whatever the name, I didn't get anything worthwhile except a headshot mod for heavy pistols.

I also put a smattering of points into all of the abilities for Soldier and Sentinel so that I could at least use grenades or Warp, etc....

All told I felt bad about not really helping. Hell Doc I saw 3 seperate messages stating you had revived me 15+ times per match.

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Lepercolony pretty much skipped straight to arsenal/recruit packs, so there’s no right way to do it. Buy whatever gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Don't worry about going down a lot, we were all there at one time. I probably learned more in every 2 minutes of being down and spectating Doc than in playing 10 games on my own. It's a great learning opportunity.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Yea, I kept hopping back and forth between you two

Your are invisible a lot and always strafing and moving, but Doc seems to really easily predict shots coming at him, it was crazy to watch.

Both of you are amazing to watch, you guys should do some videos

Yea, I kept hopping back and forth between you two

Your are invisible a lot and always strafing and moving, but Doc seems to really easily predict shots coming at him, it was crazy to watch.

Both of you are amazing to watch, you guys should do some videos

The AI is fairly predictable once you get it figured out.  Usually when I get in a tight spot I did something stupid or I failed to notice something flanking me.  There are several long range baddies like the Geth Prime or the Ravager that if they get a line of sight on you and hit you with all three of their shots will probably drop you.  Scanning the horizon for them helps.

The most dangerous enemies in the game are 3 shot powerhouses and rapid fire enemies.  Marauders and turrets, for example.  Other than insta-kill, which is generally reasonably easy to avoid if you don't get blind sided, they'll drop you more than anything.

My goal is always to take out the mid level bosses and chargers as quickly as possible.  Killing the marauders and brutes, for example, and then concentrating on the Banshees. 

The biggest thing, though, is learn to use soft cover.  Sometimes you want hard cover to duck in, recover, and have your weapon stabilization up a bit.  Usually the trade off in mobility sucks, and if you aren't sniping your damage output goes down.  Shoot around the right corner of things and duck back in when incoming fire is approaching.  Some enemies cheat (homing missiles and lasers from Praetorians, for example) but you can increase your survivability quite a bit by doing so.

Got the N7 Shadow from a Spectre pack last night.

It's hard to get used to, but it's a really fun class.

She's a lot fun to play. Shadow Strike benefits from both power bonuses and melee bonuses, so if you build around that, she can cut down most non-boss enemies in one hit. Just be careful with the Ravagers and Abominations. [emoji34]

She's a lot fun to play. Shadow Strike benefits from both power bonuses and melee bonuses, so if you build around that, she can cut down most non-boss enemies in one hit. Just be careful with the Ravagers and Abominations. [emoji34]

The Electric Slash hits relatively hard too, from what I've seen so far.

Mobility is a big plus too.

I'll keep that in mind Jay, thanks.

Electric Slash works through walls which is also very nice. You probably already know how Tactical Cloak works but just in case... When you're cloaked, you get a huge bonus to whatever you do and for a few seconds after cloak breaks. This is why Infiltrators cloak shoot cloak shoot cloak shoot, but it works for powers as well. When I play her, I cloak, Shadow Strike and either run away or Shadow Strike again all while cloaked. I take the duration and use a power evolutions for Tactical Cloak to do that.

An Electric Slash build is perfectly viable too, that's one of the beauties if the game. Different people can play the same character in completely different ways and both be successful.

Seeing you guys play made me nostalgic and wanting to start playing again so I did.

I'm finding that the lobbies I am getting in are very laggy. Are you having that problem? 

I also wondering if it's because I have the PS3 in the basement and the WiFi is less than ideal there.

I was playing my Krogan and kept running past everything trying to melee. Funny but ineffective

Electric Slash works through walls which is also very nice. You probably already know how Tactical Cloak works but just in case... When you're cloaked, you get a huge bonus to whatever you do and for a few seconds after cloak breaks. This is why Infiltrators cloak shoot cloak shoot cloak shoot, but it works for powers as well. When I play her, I cloak, Shadow Strike and either run away or Shadow Strike again all while cloaked. I take the duration and use a power evolutions for Tactical Cloak to do that.

An Electric Slash build is perfectly viable too, that's one of the beauties if the game. Different people can play the same character in completely different ways and both be successful.

I mainly just use my cloak to recover and get a little room to breathe.

Seeing you guys play made me nostalgic and wanting to start playing again so I did.

I'm finding that the lobbies I am getting in are very laggy. Are you having that problem? 

I also wondering if it's because I have the PS3 in the basement and the WiFi is less than ideal there.

I was playing my Krogan and kept running past everything trying to melee. Funny but ineffective

I only started having issues yesterday, but i think that was more to do with my own connection.

I haven't done many matches, but I did notice that every now and again it was really laggy.

I believe that ME3 does the same thing that CoD does, in that a player is the host. This screws things up IMO

I haven't done many matches, but I did notice that every now and again it was really laggy.

I believe that ME3 does the same thing that CoD does, in that a player is the host. This screws things up IMO

It does.  You'll also get lag as someone joins.

I'll be on tonight.

Loaded up the game, sitting at the menu

I hope to unwind today with at least one match. I did my mandatory MW3 match a few minutes ago.

As soon as dinner is done, I will jump in on this

I've hopefully downloaded the mp version last night on my ps3 so I'm gonna try and hop on at some point this week. I fear the learning curve is going to be a steep one.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

I've hopefully downloaded the mp version last night on my ps3 so I'm gonna try and hop on at some point this week. I fear the learning curve is going to be a steep one.

Actually Prison of Elders is damn near an exact rip of Multiplayer in ME3

You just have more waves, and the enemy type doens't change

Cool!

I got a package that leveled me up to like 19 or so with it, so I maxed out most everything I think.

Just need better weapons is all although that Geth AR was nice, I put a recoil mod on it, and then swapped to Machine pistol with scope and headshot mod

I was barely using the geth Shotgun.