Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer on PS3.

JsinOwl

It's a third person shooter. Takes some time to get used to. Hold square to change weapons. Triangle is an assigned ability, as well as L1 and R1. When I first started, the aim and shoot were L1 and R1 but I changed that around. Holding X is sprint. You can hold X to hide behind cover. Double tapping X does a roll. So if you are walking backwards and double tap x you do a reverse roll.

Mass Effect 1 and 2 are different button layouts. Multiplayer is only on the third mass effect.

The basic premise of the game is a third person shooter with abilities. In single player, you dictate the type of class you choose. If you're unsure, Soldier is always awesome for a first choice. Easy to use and are Beasts.

You're choice matter in the game. Every level up, you get ability points to allocate. You can spend them armor bonus, weapon damage, abilities or opening new dialogue pertaining to whether or not you choose to be a paragon or a renegade. Paragon is a good guy and renegade is a less moral individual. You can do some paragon and some renegade. I always end up being a paragon because I just can't be an asshole. Think about their virtual families.

The first mass effect is a bit glitchy at times. Be sure to play this one first though because it will set the mood for the next two to follow.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 4 player co-op versus 10 waves of enemies with objectives to complete during waves 3, 6, and 10. Then there is a final extraction wave where you hold out for 2 minutes before your shuttle comes to pick you up. Completing missions gets you XP to level up and credits to buy 'packs' in the store. You can also buy packs with real $ but it's not necessary at all; I've never spent a dime on multiplayer. The multiplayer dlc is free, but not the campaign dlc.

There are four difficulty levels, bronze, silver, gold, platinum with a nice progression. You could hop into bronze and within a few games be contributing. Each level of difficulty is roughly twice as hard with twice the reward. There is a shit ton of weapons and characters to choose from, too many to list. You rank up your powers with skill points you earn from gaining character levels. Max level is 20 and it doesn't take long to get there. Each character as 5 powers. We'll call them powers 1 through 5. Power 4 is always passive bonuses to weapon damage, power damage, and weight capacity. Power 5 is always bonus to health and shields or melee. Powers 1 to 3 form a unique set of abilities for each character. No two characters have the same combination of powers 1 to 3, which is what makes them all so unique.

It's in over the shoulder shooter much like Uncharted. The only time you go into first person is when firing a sniper rifle. It's amazing fun; the most fun multiplayer game I've ever played, hands down, no contest. You can't even see Destiny in the rear-view mirror. Maybe, on the distant horizon, you can Bad Company 2 somewhere back there, but this game is definitely way out in front on my list of multiplayer favorites.

There is no need whatsoever to play the campaigns first. Lepercolony has played 700 hours of multiplayer and still doesn't know dick about the story.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

Thanks guys. I'd like to play the campaign first since I've heard it's good. I'll probably be a paragon myself, Nev. But of course I'd like to try out multiplayer at some point. Hopefully, I can get the games knocked out before you guys move on to Mass Effect 4 or something. :)

There are so many characters in MP that its tough to get bored with.

ME trilogy was on sale for 5$ on PSN Flash Sale, so I just bought it. Still though, no damn headset...... I need to save the 100$ for that Sony one that works with both systems

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Glides.  Very smooth sound, but maybe a little high pitched the first few times you try them.

6655571711_8e6d54e899.jpg

Well, I now have cheesecake on my monitor

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

So, once I am done with the "Great IKEA Build of 2015", I want to get in some ME3 multiplayer

Anything I should know or be prepared for? How quick are the matches and what not? I might be able to jump in for a few minutes here and there

Bronze 15 to 20 minutes

Silver 20 to 25

Gold 25 to 30

Platinum 30 to 35

The only thing you need to do up front is install the mp dlc. You can get it in one massive bundle called the me3 multiplayer collection.

We can coach you up after that.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

The only thing you need to do up front is install the mp dlc. You can get it in one massive bundle called the me3 multiplayer collection.

We can coach you up after that.

This is what I bought. I will try to hop in and make sure I have it here tonight. I thought I downloaded it all

Easy way to check, start the game, go to multiplayer, go to change character (triangle I believe), select the adept class and scroll all the way to the right. There should be 11 characters total and the last one should be the Awakened Collector. If not, you're missing dlc. Look forward to defending the galaxy by your side!

So, once I am done with the "Great IKEA Build of 2015", I want to get in some ME3 multiplayer

Anything I should know or be prepared for? How quick are the matches and what not? I might be able to jump in for a few minutes here and there

Matches aren't quick.  A fast match is still hovering at 20 minutes or so.  30 minutes isn't terribly uncommon if you aren't playing a well coordinated squad.

The only real complaints I have with the game are how long it can take to get a match going and the "X button does everything" control layout.  X sprints.  X also takes cover.  X also activates objectives.  X also revives downed teammates.  Chaos ensues.  It sucks to be running from a Banshee and your character takes cover instead of sprinting or trying to revive a guy who died at the objective and start the objective instead.

It's a great game, though.  Look forward to seeing you.

Did a match tonight, Bronze level?

anyway, went 11 waves, I got two medals and made 6 or so levels

I have 3 shotguns now as well

I am trying to knock out two small things for work real fast and then I will be in again. 

Should I buy a crate? I have enough coins for two recruit purchases