UK Internet providers

GazzaGarratt

Hi all. I'm currently with virgin on an old tariff (believe its 20GB, unlimited data) but i now pay £40 a month to them for this with a phone line. It works fine but I need to bring cost down a bit otherwise I need to get more spees for my buck. Open to anything really. I've got sky tv, that'll never change but i know BT give you free BT sports if you take it with them (and i love my sports channels).

Just wondering if you could share some recommendations, do's/don'ts before i commit to something that i may regret!

Edit: sorry, should've said, i want thia primarily for gaming and the ipad for my son so unlimited data i like the most.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with virgin for broadband I did as Dave said but they do tie you back to 12 months.

My problem is it works fine at the moment so to me that's better than saving a few quid, I too have sky and pay for bt sport so I could save but I've heard nothing good about when I was looking.

In terms of Internet quality Virgin is much better compared to sky, Virgin keep upgrading us for free too... On 100mb now as of 2 weeks ago...

Sky's Internet and customer service with problems or issues with the Internet was very poor too...

No experience with bt in the broadband era...

Sometimes you have to pay that bit more for the good stuff...

blackops2sig.jpg

Cheers everyone. Consensus seems like virgin are probably good to keep with. I will ring them though to get it upgraded providing they don't hike up the prices.

As you mostly say, its one of those expenses that I probably can't afford to be cheap. I'll report back with what they say.

1738681878_Justinedinburghmemories.thumb