Casual or Hardcore???

Ryan Pedro

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting point, and one I touched upon many a time in the WoW community. Exactly the same there, "strikes" are called "dungeons" and more often than not, characters that run them overpower them something silly, so the more experienced people just blaze ahead and spank anything in their way, leaving the newer folks scratching their heads and going "what the fuck just happened?"

Of course later on in the game when that newbie is sitting in more challenging content, he / she still doesn't know what to do and those same experience people start insulting, ranting and raving.

I love tooting my own horn so here goes: I would always try and help newbies out. It was one of the main reasons I became a tank, because I joined dungeons and didn't know what the fuck I was doing and had everyone else yelling and screaming at me. Then I decided to become the very role that sets the pace so if people don't like the way I do it, they can swiftly kiss my arse. This also allowed me to help out people who clearly had no idea what they were doing, and most were very appreciative of it. I made LOTS of friends like this (helps being drunk too, I become very helpful).

This is of course a pain in any multiplayer game's butt. If Destiny had a keyboard and a chat channel, I'd no doubt be helping newbies out too, because I'm a godsend to the gaming community and I don't know what you guys would do without me.

banlol.png

If Destiny had a keyboard and a chat channel, I'd no doubt be helping newbies out too, because I'm a godsend to the gaming community and I don't know what you guys would do without me.

Didds, I love you man and no, I'm not drunk! :)

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

Very interesting point, and one I touched upon many a time in the WoW community. Exactly the same there, "strikes" are called "dungeons" and more often than not, characters that run them overpower them something silly, so the more experienced people just blaze ahead and spank anything in their way, leaving the newer folks scratching their heads and going "what the fuck just happened?"

Of course later on in the game when that newbie is sitting in more challenging content, he / she still doesn't know what to do and those same experience people start insulting, ranting and raving.

I love tooting my own horn so here goes: I would always try and help newbies out. It was one of the main reasons I became a tank, because I joined dungeons and didn't know what the fuck I was doing and had everyone else yelling and screaming at me. Then I decided to become the very role that sets the pace so if people don't like the way I do it, they can swiftly kiss my arse. This also allowed me to help out people who clearly had no idea what they were doing, and most were very appreciative of it. I made LOTS of friends like this (helps being drunk too, I become very helpful).

This is of course a pain in any multiplayer game's butt. If Destiny had a keyboard and a chat channel, I'd no doubt be helping newbies out too, because I'm a godsend to the gaming community and I don't know what you guys would do without me.

Tank4Life!

This is exactly why I dropped a Shaman in WoW and went Warrior, and then Death Knight, and eventually Paladin. It helped that my Wife loved to play as a Priest, so I always had heals. Sure we had DPS drop constantly as they didn't want to handhold other DPS, but fuck'em, my qait time for instances was seconds, while there was literally an hour or two.

Everyone is a newb at some point, and most people don't have the time to dedicate to reading forums all day long (Sadly I read the wrong forums or I would be better at Destiny LOL), or treat this game like its a part time job. (Seriously, I can give stories from EVE, WoW, or DAoC about how MMO's consume you)

I have to disagree with your last statement though Dave. This game would be infinitely worse if it had a dedicated Keyboard and Chat Channel. Can you honestly imagine merging Barrens-General Chat with Xbox Live?

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Oh man, imagine teh trollz! I'd probably stop playing altogether and just sit there trolling. Ya'd all be like "DIDDUMS, WE'RE FUCKIN' DYING HERE!!!!" and I'd be like all "alt+F4 LOL"

As if beating the death singer wasn't interesting enough... Lol

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I can see it now...

HOW DO I MINE CROTA?!?!?!?!?

WTS EXOTIC ENGRAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SRS OFFER ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08AMA is a FAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR LVL 5 NEED MONEY FOR ENGRAM< PLEASE SEND 5 GLIMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!

etc...

'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I think we've done pretty well helping new players with raids, and some seem to have done well with loot they've dropped too.

It can be frustrating but it's also nice to go through with someone new and kind of relive it through them rather than just rush through just for shards especially VoG

already seeing people on "that other site" charging $20 to run newbs through crota... wow... so sad that we can't just help our fellow people...

Had a guy on Reddit the other day offering a Hardmode VoG and CE run for 20$ PSN code

I wasnt sure if I should be offended that he was calling me out for being a newb, or flattered that he thought I had 20$