Website known issues - Work In Progress to Fix ×

I can't do it anymore

JsinOwl

That's it guys, I'm out. I've completely lost the passion I once had for this game and all that's left is apathy.

They've taken the Raid gear I worked so hard for and made it utterly irrelevant, inferior to what can be bought at any vendor.

They've taken away content I once had access to until I finish the shitty Eris story missions, and what they've done to people who didn't buy the dlc is even worse.

They've taken the exotics I worked to upgrade and set them back to zero for no reason at all except to force me to play they're game more despite its lack of things to do. Grinding is fine, grinding the same pieces of gear over and over is not.

They've nerfed my favorite weapons, like the Lord High Fixer and given me no avenue to upgrade them or buy new ones. The Hand Canons being sold by the Crucible and Vanguard vendors are rubbish compared to the Lord High Fixer and Devil You Know.

All the wonderful guns from the Vault of Glass have been nerfed in comparison to the new higher attack value weapons.

They've nerfed their own content. There's hardly any point to running the Vault of Glass now which is an absolute shame, because it's a ton of fun. But good luck finding a group of six people who want to run it just for fun's sake.

They've made it clear that we're supposed to become attached to our guardians, we're supposed to grow together as player and character. But what they've failed to understand is that our guardians are not defined by our face at the tower, a couple exotics, and a shader. Our guardians are defined buy the sum total of all our favorite gear, and with this expansion, they've taken the gear that we've grown attached to and made it worthless. Perhaps they think we'll enjoy they're new loot and forget about the old, but to do such is in essence asking us not to become attached to what makes our guardians who they are. Herein lies the hypocrisy.

I feel betrayed and I'm left neither sad nor angry, but apathetic. I feel nothing for Destiny anymore, I feel nothing for Bungie. It's time to move on.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to see you lay your ghost to rest mr owl but I can't blame you. This should've been a gradual overlap from vanilla to DB, instead it's a massive jump which renders your weapons underpowered amd the only way to fix that is either grind your nuts off and start upgrading them all again, or get lucky with new ones and start all over again with those.

I also think the new content sucks. It's focussed too much on team play, which isn't always an option. Having nothing to do apart from wait in orbit until otjers finish their activities is boring, there should've been more to do solo, even if it's hard.

Another thing is the lack of content. This is a real killer for me, even the majority of the new stuff is the same shit we've been doing for months just slightly different.

No new models, no new baddies, the new weapons and armour are severely lacking, it's just a massive disappointment.

I'm rapidly approaching the age old mentality of playing the game because of mates, not because of the game. I can't believe that people actually have the nerve to release such a mediocre content pack and charge us £20 for it. It's disgusting.

banlol.png

I can see what your saying, main thing that pisses me off is about VoG I really want stuff from that and as you say now people won't need to run it. The raid gear is now obsolete I referred to it yesterday as yesterday's fashions.

The weapons not such a big deal other than there's nothing in the new ones I think are must haves, upgrades are more powerful to start with and I will upgrade only what I really use.

The strike playlist is now also only worth doing on level 26 so rest is pointless other than to level up lower level guardians if there is any, and blue drops as rewards really bungie.

Green drops really are annoying now.

Diddums is right, before you could play solo now with the new level it's almost impossible in fact some stuff now requires 3 people.

My other concern now is the same thing will happen again with the house of wolves.

The dlc has been a let down, but it has introduced me to non rage multiplayer and a team game that demands communication, and for that the game should be commended.

What's the general feedback from the community and reviewers?

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

I agree with a majority of your points.  It sucks to work so hard for gear, then it becomes obsolete overnight.  It feels like an insult that you can buy better gear than what you worked hard to earn.  

I hate to see you go.  I've really enjoyed playing with you these past few months.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

See I disagree with the whole thing that people won't run the VoG anymore. I think they will. Its still the best and easiest way to get energy and shards. I for one think we should run it at least once a week. There are still weapons we haven't gotten and even some gear. The weapons in the VoG aren't obsolete. Doing the Nightfall I used mostly the ViC as it raped the wizards and shielded shanks. Many of us still need the Mytho plus the fatebringer. I think there us still relivance in your old weapons. Will some be replaced,sure but not all. I didn't like many of the old legendary weapons to start but they grew on me and I'm sure the new ones will too.

Sorry to hear you feel that way, Jason. I can definitely see where you're coming from, though I actually feel just the opposite. For me, a game quickly becomes stale when I don't have stuff to work level up and goals to work towards. It's why I have trouble using a maxed out weapon and why I always have to hit the prestige button...the game doesn't feel complete if I'm not working towards something. Not having people to play with regularly, I was about as high as I was going to get, but now the DLC brings new stuff to level and new goals to reach for.

If I'd put as much time and effort into the game as you guys have (I wish I could have!) maybe I'd feel differently, I don't know.

Anyways, if you ever feel like taking a trip into the old Vault I'd be honored to learn its secrets from a master such as yourself.

See I disagree with the whole thing that people won't run the VoG anymore. I think they will. Its still the best and easiest way to get energy and shards. I for one think we should run it at least once a week. There are still weapons we haven't gotten and even some gear. The weapons in the VoG aren't obsolete. Doing the Nightfall I used mostly the ViC as it raped the wizards and shielded shanks. Many of us still need the Mytho plus the fatebringer. I think there us still relivance in your old weapons. Will some be replaced,sure but not all. I didn't like many of the old legendary weapons to start but they grew on me and I'm sure the new ones will too.

Good to here, I will run vault anytime even for no other reason than its fun, but really need the guns, a youtubers said there's really nothing better than raid weapons that you can buy now.

Sort of adding to what Nolan said if you have all the weapons now that you ever need I feel that would let the game down, I got a legendary drop auto rifle and I can actually see it replacing one of my favourites.

Jason please dont retire its always a pleasure to run with you.

I agree with most of your points here, but for me I still haven't seen any of the raids. So I have a few weeks left in me yet.

Sadly, I need to schedule my time a shade better, I can't just jump in on a whim

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

I agree with most of your points here, but for me I still haven't seen any of the raids. So I have a few weeks left in me yet.

Sadly, I need to schedule my time a shade better, I can't just jump in on a whim

Add this to your schedule: http://forevergaming.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/1987-a-date-with-destiny/

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I was close to a post like Jason's just the other day, disenchanted with the game post DLC but for different reasons.

Reason for my disenchantment is simple, I can't keep up. I'm not exactly a casual user of Destiny, 200 plus hours in 3 months is a lot, but it's hard to reach the level cap for a number of reasons:

No matchmaking in the raid or the weekly's. I play at odd times, and it's not often I get to team up with you lot. So I rarely play the raid (4 times total, so if anyone sees me on and wants to raid, so do I), and am very selective on weekly and nightfall, even on dailies sometimes

I want three characters, I paid for the game and want to try them all, so effort gets spread, might say that is my fault, but I don't really get why everyone doesn't want all three. However even my hunter with will over 5 days done only got to level 30 yesterday (yesterday's fashion as techno put it last night)

So Bungie raising level cap after 3 months and making all the daily and weekly stuff even harder makes me think , I'm just not going to be able to keep up. And not keeping up makes it even harder to get decent fire teams going, as your just a passenger

So I am starting to think its going to be such a grind, maybe I'm not what Bungie are aiming at, average two hours a day ain't good enough, and I can just see it getting worse.

I wouldn't say I'm done yet, but just adding matchmaking to raid, weekly, daily would make a massive difference to me, and without it the grind is looking too grinding

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

~bro-five~

you play exactly how I play.

I am faced with the same issues. Odd sleep schedule, odd work and home life schedule. Dave can attest to the fact that I login in and orbit but never play for hours on end (Can't help it, I like the music, or get distracted with stuff)

Lately I have just focussed on my Titan, but my 3rd piece of purple hunter gear means that as soon as I roll a huntard and level it to 20, it will be better equipped than my others lol

IDK, I'm going ot take it easy for the most part and just farm random crap

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

You should've seen me last night, just staring at the Crucible vendor's inventory and its lack of Lord High Fixer, trying to will it into stock. Looking for the "Inventory refresh in XX:XX". I even went to the Gunsmith to verify where the inventory refresh timer is and what it looks like, then I went back to the Crucible vendor and checked again. Nope. For fuck's sake. You expect me to exchange my Lord High Fixer for this pellet gun you call a Hand Canon? Fuck Off. I was so incredibly disappointed.

I can almost swallow all the other issues, but man, that sucked the wind right out of my sails. The situation would be slightly better if you could equip multiple exotics, at least in PvE. Then you could run Thorn/The Last Word along with Ice Breaker, but the way it is, if you run an exotic primary, you're going to be constantly switching it out because Ice Breaker is so damn indispensable. Exotic primaries are a borderline hindrance (not that I want them to nerf Ice Breaker).

This game has so much potential and I want to play with you guys, but last night I was left with this feeling of just not even wanting to play anymore. I switched over to Injustce: Gods Among Us and once again failed to block 5 consecutive attacks in the fucking TUTORIAL. To rub insult into injury, my PS3 seems to have stopped reading discs and I still have a mountain of games or it. FML.

So what's next...

1) Diagnose the issue with my PS3.

2) Give Destiny one more try, but fuck the new guns. If I can't get it done with the weapons I enjoy using or I'm still not feeling it, then I'm walking away forever and not looking back.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.

To Baabcat and Sennex I'm on at all hours of the day and night. I have no problem helping with whatever y'all are doing. So if I'm EVER on either jump in or shoot me a invite. Tell me what y'all are trying to complete and we will knock it out.

With the new gear it's much easier to hit 31 than it was to hit 28 or 30. To hit 32 it's tough as you need to raid but if you have no plans on doing the hard raid the lvl 31 will be fine. Just get your vanguard rank up and run ROC strikes to get your marks. We have the VoG down to where it's only about a hour run. I don't know one person on this forum that wouldn't help run the raid. So if you have a hour to play then there's a raid in. That goes for nightfall and weekly's.

This saddens me.

Dude, I'm out in the woods hunting taking my time to type this. So short and to the point.

Don't fucking quit! We need you.

That's it. Lol

My 2p is pretty much what Jason says.

We need a go on the new raid blind with you...I promise you that WILL be fun. Effing annoying and hard but so much fun with 6 of us.

Forum Signature Test.png

Jason,

You know how I feel about certain things with this game, and I agree with you 100%.... I am in over 500 hours, and as much as I want to quit and walk away, I still really like the game, and am hoping it will get better... But as Diddums says, the main reason I am sticking around is the people here in the clan... #1 reason... You are a huge part of the reason I play so much, and I have had a lot of fun running missions, bounties, and raids with you... I hope you continue to play, but if not I understand why... Just let me know what you will be moving to, and I will buy it right away... Tristan has been pushing me to play GTA 5 with him, and I might just do that for fun for a while once I get my guardians at 31...To be honest guys, he wants to run the VOG, but overall he is pretty bored with Destiny already, and spends his time on Madden, GTA, and then Smite for his PC...

You will be missed big time Mr. Owl...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

Here's the thing JOwl, You're not 'really' losing anything you've worked for because the new gear starts you off from pretty much where you've left off. Yes, it's a bit of a slap in the face that a player like me, who never got a chance to get all my raid gear, to just purchase the gear i need to level up.

If your VOG raid gear was strong enough to blast through the new raid, then you'd be left there waiting for more.

I for one think that everything that is going on just Contributes to the longevity of the game.

I can't say i understand where you're coming from, because I've only done the VOG a handful of times, but I'm sure it's not all for naught. There are still weapons to be had, shards that can easily be collected, and just an all around good time with a bunch of likeminded people.

Don't go man...This game will evolve.

Last night, i finally got lucky and acquired my long sought after Vex Mythoclast...I woke up this morning hoping it wasn't just a dream lol..Kinda sad that getting this 'virtual weapon' pretty much superceeds almost all of my material possessions i own though, But it's mine now...i will kill lots of things with it :D