Crotas End Raid Discussion - Potential Spoilers

Stretch616

So we picked up the raid last night and pretty much got our asses handed us. Bit lets use this to discuss theories and strategies learnt so far.

As the title suggests, there will be spoilers in this. So if you want the surprise still, don't look in this thread.

Lighting of the lamps - 2 seperate teams seemed to work well especially with one out way in front. The lamp lighter seems to be the aggro taker. So the further through the run you can get the less enemies you'll have to deal with. Titan bubbles are a god send, especially if you have the helmet with the stagger effect. When defending the final plate use everything at your disposal to keep people away, do not be shy with supers or rockets. Keep a close eye on the bottom left to see when the bridge has formed. When it has just ffucking run!!! Ignore the ogres!

Crossing the bridge - One person needs to be in the centre plate to build the bridge. When this plate is not active the bridge will not form. The 2 outside plates need to have a person inside them and keepong the area enemy free. When the swordsmaster spawns everyone concentrate fire on him as his health regens. As soon as he goes down the 1st person grabs ths sword and gets across the bridge and hides! Rinse and repeat so there are 3 people across the bridge with swords...........after that who knows!!

That's about as far as we are so far but that's pretty much what i remember.

Good shit tonight. It was great to try it completley blind, hopefuy we can get a bit further next time

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you cross the bridge with a sword, that summons a Gatekeeper which can only be damaged with the sword. While you don't have to kill them to proceed, they will attack you and there's nothing you can do about it.

So when you take the sword to the other side, you have to kill your Gatekeeper. The last one or two I guess you don't have to kill since there's enough of you on the top side to just run around and avoid them.

What we learned is that I am fucking awesome.

Hahaha! Yes you are dids, yes you are.

All I remember was everyone just shouting FUCKING RUN DIDDUMS!!!! I haven't laughed like that for ages.[emoji23] [emoji23]

Forum Signature Test.png

So when you take the sword to the other side, you have to kill your Gatekeeper. The last one or two I guess you don't have to kill since there's enough of you on the top side to just run around and avoid them.

Were you able to kill the Gatekeepers? Didn't get chance to run the sword myself but our team were complaining of being one shotted by them. Or is there a certain combo that keeps them perma-staggered?

//Dids - That was fucking ace. I just remember seeing Lee go down and thinking we'd wiped for 100th bazillion time, then everyone shouting "Run Diddums!!". By the time i switched the camera over i could see what looked like 500 thrall and a couple of ogres chasing your sorry ass :)

Good times!

Morning Dave :)

Despite our rather mediocre progress, it was an absolute blast. There's clearly work to be done but we did pretty well as far as I'm concerned. That jump & run was ace. Was that Phogoth running after me or just a normal ogre? It yelled like mad. I would've checked but he was trying to melt me with his face.

banlol.png

Let's not forget, we took on a level 30 at level 30 or below.  We did this with underpowered weapons (300 not 330).  Not to mention we haven't googled a single thing.  Overall, I'm pretty impressed.  We pretty much know what to do on the next bit, but we need a bit of a boost on defence and offence.

I thought it was ace, and Diddums running down the final teleport was awesome.

20 hours ago, crispymorgan said:

I shall also buy a monkeybike......

Were you able to kill the Gatekeepers? Didn't get chance to run the sword myself but our team were complaining of being one shotted by them. Or is there a certain combo that keeps them perma-staggered?

The R2 attack or the ground slam. Whichever button you use to shoot with is the button you want to use, staggers them each time and take ~4 hits to kill them. Just spam that and you should hardly have trouble.

The R2 attack or the ground slam. Whichever button you use to shoot with is the button you want to use, staggers them each time and take ~4 hits to kill them. Just spam that and you should hardly have trouble.

Cheers man. Will try this next time around.

Just had a thought on this part. The side plates are mirrored on both sides. Would standing on one side only work (as in gatekeeper side vs starting side)? As it'd be hell if you have to get all 6 people over with the sword as it would leave one person left to defend both plates.

I've also assumed that there will be a bridge forming plate on the other side. As the mechanics of this section are making me think more and more that everyone will have to cross the bridge with the sword.

I'd really like to test some of these theories next time we're on.

I have seen some coverage on YouTube, no commentary at all so I had no idea what the hell was going on other than having to kill lots of tough stuff in the dark, looking forward to giving it a go myself.

That was ace. Frustrating at first, but once we got a feel for it the whole thing felt like an epic journey and it was only the 1st part. Topped off with Leory Diddums at the end!!

Let's not forget, we took on a level 30 at level 30 or below. We did this with underpowered weapons (300 not 330). Not to mention we haven't googled a single thing. Overall, I'm pretty impressed. We pretty much know what to do on the next bit, but we need a bit of a boost on defence and offence.

I thought it was ace, and Diddums running down the final teleport was awesome.

A guy I work with made it to Crota yesterday. His whole group were 30s and he said they never stood a chance :o

Levelling up shit sounds the way forward for a few days....

....however one of the best game nights I've had in some time so would do it again blind if people wanted to.

Forgot to mention earlier thanks to Matt (Viper) who found the chest in the first part as we got some early look at shards and shit (not to mention stretch dropping raid gloves straight away!!)

Forum Signature Test.png

it was definitely fun, but we really need to level up to 31... 30 is a pita... between being underleveled, and our guns being under par, we are going to get mauled as we move on through the raid...shoutout toi Diddums and that epic run... if you saw what was about to bash you, you would have crapped your pants...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

K, so I need to hit level 30. Help me.

I bought some gloves from the vanguard chap, I'll hafta level those, but I still need some raid kit. I need some of you to blast me through the VoG. T'night praps, depending on the ladyfriend.

banlol.png

K, so I need to hit level 30. Help me.

I bought some gloves from the vanguard chap, I'll hafta level those, but I still need some raid kit. I need some of you to blast me through the VoG. T'night praps, depending on the ladyfriend.

just buy it all from the Vanguard, etc...:) level 31...:)

just buy it all from the Vanguard, etc...:) level 31...:)

This

VoG raid gear fully levelled will give 30 light. Standard Vanguard gear now gives 33. New raid gear will give 36.

Also, i don't agree entirely with us being underlevelled. Being lvl 31/32 makes it easier but when we step up to hard mode we'll get bumfucked. Levelling all guns up to maximum level (new or old style) will obviously help. I just think we need a few more runs. Remember that was our first ever go at it and we beat the first part in a few hours (blind) and got a pretty good strategy for the 2nd part. If we were to do it all over again i dare say we'd find it a fuck lot easier

Edit: By underlevelled i mean lvl 30 should be fine. We had a few 28's and 29's last night.

And the 29 got to the checkpoint so...

1344828060898_3191810.png

all right now... I wasn't saying it like that... I was just saying instead of wasting your time getting the obsolete raid gear from VOG, just grab the vanguard and other vendor stuff... put you at 31 which would work wonders...no big deal... wasn't trying to insult anyone... looks like I may just take a break from this game I am thinking...

Wut?

Dude I was taking the piss out of Stretch :P

You made some good points, I'll do exactly what you said, I'm just bragging that I got to the checkpoint issall. Didn't mean no offense you big baby.

I love you Ryan. Full homo :wub:

banlol.png