Destiny's Latest Update

GazzaGarratt

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---10242014/en/News/News?aid=12318

From looking at this my first impression is that they know they want to give something more to PvE but the harsh reality is that it is easier to develop quickly enhancements to the PvP arena. I am disappointed as I get most of my enjoyment out of the PvE stuff with everyone on here, but I'm a realist - it isn't far from December's expansion pack so I expect some 'mini PvE game' in November to tide us over. They don't need to win me over as I've got my money's worth plus some but it would be great to see a company/game give you a few doggie biscuits to say thanks, although it isn't warranted or necessary.

Forum Signature Test.png

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the update is live i can finally rant on this!!

I have a BIG problem with the Atheon teleport fix. If it was a bug to begin with, it should have been communicated to the community asap with a notification that a "fix" would be incoming.

But even then it goes against the grain of how the raids were sold to us. I remember in the hype of the raid that (in bungie's words) "people would talk & organise theirs roles and responsibilties to overcome the biggest challenge". I've paraphrased a bit, but it really does go against the sales pitch.

Peraonally, i'd like to see the change implemented as another tier. So tier 1 is normal level and no changes - beginner raid. Tier 2 is hard level with no changes -medium raid. Tier 3 is hard level with random teleports - hard level.

This way everyone wins. Beginners can learn all roles without fear and build up confidence on when they go for the big one.

What do you guys think?

I agree 100%. I don't have a problem with the random teleport. I have a problem with then changing their story. In a team oriented game you need roles to play. Even in sports,everyone has a role. Now they want it to be a cluster fuck. They want you to fail. If this is the way it was supposed to be it should of been implemented to start. I think they are butt hurt it's not as difficult as they said it would be

Often wondered that myself,how many times updates make things worse.

It's every game. I was hoping Destiny would be different. Guess it'd to much to ask for especially with Activision having something to do with it

I personally think them updating when Sony does is a bad idea, I would prefer to wait an extra day just to prevent the frustraiting bumps... as for the random teleports, I agree with you guys, as we all have our respective roles going in, and now it seems like they want all hell to break loose and turn it into a free for all... but I am confident it's nothing our team can't handle, and I suggest maybe we all take a verbal relic button training before we handle that BS...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

I don't like this "patch" at all. I love the whole "Okay, so who is doing what" planning before we start. The teamwork planning was fun. They should have just added this "fix" to the hard mode.

I agree... puttting it on the hard mode would have been better imho...

DarthMaulTCW-IGN_zpshjlccuvn.jpg

*Violently agrees with everything*

They may not change the Venus raid back but my belief is that they will make sure something like this doesn't happen in the December expansion pack raid.

Forum Signature Test.png

This weekly update has some good information, though it's written in a extremely vague, annoying manner(to me anyway), about upcoming changes. As usual no time frame as far as when updates are coming. Seems more as a news post to appease the masses until the dark below hits.

Too much info for me to copy and paste on phone if someone wants to have at that.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---11072014/en/News/News?aid=12364

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

This weekly update has some good information, though it's written in a extremely vague, annoying manner(to me anyway), about upcoming changes. As usual no time frame as far as when updates are coming. Seems more as a news post to appease the masses until the dark below hits.

Too much info for me to copy and paste on phone if someone wants to have at that.

http://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---11072014/en/News/News?aid=12364

Whilst its not much news to be received immediately, I think its always the right way to go - keeping their audience informed so no-one can say they aren't listening (like most folk on the destiny forums).

No company will please everyone with their updates, including peeing us FGers off sometimes, but I'd rather hear something rather than feel ignored. Some other recent games developers could take note of their communication...

Forum Signature Test.png

Here are some things we’ve mentioned:

Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
New gear to let you slip into something a little more Legendary
That which waits in The Dark Below

Here are some things we’ve kept secret, until now:

New shaders for your gear
Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
Greater chances of “showers” in public spaces
Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
Some other tricks up our sleeve
Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch
(he’ll still be sort of a bastard)

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade

New economies to equip you with upgrade materials

Those two pleaseth the owl. I find most exotic weapons not worth using.

If you decide to put your dick in crazy, be ready to change your phone number and relocate.