Who has a PS4?

Drifter

I haven't done much gaming at all for the past year, usually don't during the spring/summer/fall,  but thinking about maybe picking up a new PS4 sometime after Christmas so would like some feedback from anyone here that owns a PS4.

1- are there a decent amount of games out for it now? (and are there some GOOD ones?)

2- are most places still up around $400 on them?

3- does it play PS3 games as well on it or just PS4 games? how about blu-rays? dvd's?

Feel free to share any good or bad about it. Thanks!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No it doesn't play ps3 games yes it does play blue ray and dvd.

Games is subjective depends on what you like but I would say not too many at the moment fortunately I'm fine as I like fps and destiny is so addictive, I like bf4 and AW is around corner... What sort of games do you like?

Oh and if I could have got one for equivalent to $400 I'd have been happy :)

I think the time to get one will be around Xmas as there is plenty of good games on the horizon. The first year has been pretty abysmal for this generation of consoles in terms of games but we have the new Call of Duty, Assassins Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Half Life 3 and many other titles to look forward to. If you're 100% looking to get back into gaming; the PS4 now is a good start if you have the money going spare but if you aren't overly interested on what's on offer the now and the next few months; it may be sensible to wait after Christmas when there will probably be a price drop. 

While I love my PS4, I do have to agree with what is said above.

Wait till christmas when you can get some sort of Bundle pack.

If it wasn't for Destiny, I wouldn't even game on my PS4 right now. I already beat Infamous Second Son, Killzone is the worse FPS game ever, and Watch Dogs is just annoying and the story is horrible.

In the next few weeks there are a ton of good games coming out though.

Luke 23:34
'And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Haven't heard of Destiny, I'll have to look and see what that is. Far as types of games I like, hard to say, I'm a fan of "good" FPS games, I loved Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption, big fan of UFC games, really I guess you could say any type of shooting game or open world type games.

I think the time to get one will be around Xmas as there is plenty of good games on the horizon. The first year has been pretty abysmal for this generation of consoles in terms of games but we have the new Call of Duty, Assassins Creed Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Half Life 3 and many other titles to look forward to. If you're 100% looking to get back into gaming; the PS4 now is a good start if you have the money going spare but if you aren't overly interested on what's on offer the now and the next few months; it may be sensible to wait after Christmas when there will probably be a price drop. 

Half Life 3 confirmed?

Go on Steve, buy one! Destiny is awesome. It's not a twitch shooter so you won't get penalised if you're not a 12 year old hopped up on Red Bull. 

Plus, you can then play with us again. You know you want to!

banlol.png

Go on Steve, buy one! Destiny is awesome. It's not a twitch shooter so you won't get penalised if you're not a 12 year old hopped up on Red Bull.

Plus, you can then play with us again. You know you want to!

I have to agree with this

Seriously considering it. It would be after Christmas though because I can't afford it till after I get my family Christmas shopping done. And they hopefully will put them on sale then as well.

I'll send you my Christmas list soon.   ;)

Seriously though, I hope you end up getting one.  I'd love to play some games with you.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png