An article on the rise of Esports

tronic44

Sorry Rich but I can't take computer gaming seriously as a sport

Sport:

noun
1. An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

It's a game like chess, cards, etc........ even darts involves a bit of walking!! :lol: 

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

The only word that doesn't fit in is physical, i know what you mean about it being called a sport but i think Esport is ok. At least they're saying btw this is an electronic sport.

With the amount that it's grown over the last few years i wouldn't be surprised in 10 years if Sky Sports has it's own Esport channel.

I'm not a massive fan of eSports because I'd rather be playing the games than watching someone although no doubt this type of competitive gaming is growing and will continue to expand into the future. Can't see it qualifying in the Olympics any time soon though! The two aspects I don't like about the eSports concept is; the heavy commercial side and the health portion of it. Too many sports these days are heavily focused on money and sponsorship whoring and it really kills the fun and I view sports as a healthy medium and after seeing how these guys 'train' and then perform their 'sport', it doesn't ooze the traditional benefits you'd see with the more physical ones.