Resident Evil Remastered

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/05/resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-for-ps4-xbox-one-ps3-xbox-360-and-pc

The original Resident Evil is being remastered for PS4, XB1, PC, 360 and PS3 and will arrive sometime in 2015 as a digital download. Sweet B)

resident-evil-1-getting-remastered-re-re

Love them to do 2+3 and Code Veronica also. Not a fan of the new ones as they are more of an action movie now and have lost the tension and atmosphere that made the originals so good. 

Great news!

I will definitely pick that up. I really hope they redo 2&3

I remember the first time I played this game it was late at night. All lights were off in my room and those damn crawlers or whatever they were called came crashing through the window. Scared the shit out of me.

This is pretty sweet.

Hopefully they don't try to charge me 50 bucks.

2 was my favorite, I remember my mom actually went through the whole game with me. She loved watching it.

BEARDED, FOR HER PLEASURE

I had the original for the PS1 along with Resident Evil 2 and 3: Nemesis. Didn't get Resident Evil Survivor which was of the 'Time Crisis and House of the Dead' era. Then went on to Code Veronica on Dreamcast before finishing up with the Remake for the Gamecube plus Resident Evil Zero also on the console. Loved the original and its remake so I'm delighted about this. The second one was the best in the series though for me. 

The save system with type writers and needing ink ribbons made the game really challenging on how and when you save your progress. I'm sick of all these 'checkpoint' based games these days as all you do is move forwards and repeating sequences until the AI is depleted and you've reached a specific point that the level determines. 

The save system with type writers and needing ink ribbons made the game really challenging on how and when you save your progress. I'm sick of all these 'checkpoint' based games these days as all you do is move forwards and repeating sequences until the AI is depleted and you've reached a specific point that the level determines. 

This!  I enjoyed the game so much because it was difficult.  I remember running around with only a bullet or two and trying to figure out how in the hell I was going to survive.  That's what I miss about it.  I felt like I had to try to survive.  Not just reach the next checkpoint. 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

This!  I enjoyed the game so much because it was difficult.  I remember running around with only a bullet or two and trying to figure out how in the hell I was going to survive.  That's what I miss about it.  I felt like I had to try to survive.  Not just reach the next checkpoint. 

Haha same! I remember on the original I stupidly used up a ink ribbon soon after saving prior and then had to play for about an hour and a half whilst battling lots of zombies and solving a couple of puzzles along with collecting lots of items and I kept dying. I must have reloaded my memory card so many times trying to get through that part all for the sake of my careless pacing. Eventually did it about a week later but it really altered the way I played those games after that. Ink ribbons were gold dust in that game!

89e.jpg

Love this thread! Will definitely get these when they are out...actually loved watching this game being played rather than play it but the challenging factors in this game made it a thoroughly enjoyable experience. 2 was my favourite with separate Leon and Claire disks.

Forum Signature Test.png

Thanks James. Do you think there's any chance of it coming out as a hard cd copy like they've done with infamous son first light? Don't particularly like downloadable versions.

I hope so but at this present time only the PS3 version has a physical copy and that's for Asia only. The current import price for the multi-language version with RE branding as opposed to Biohazard is £129.99 :o Certainly makes the £16 digital copies look a much more attractive purchase :lol:

I really hope they do box it like we saw with Minecraft going from digital to physical but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon sadly.

I hope so but at this present time only the PS3 version has a physical copy and that's for Asia only. The current import price for the multi-language version with RE branding as opposed to Biohazard is £129.99 :o Certainly makes the £16 digital copies look a much more attractive purchase :lol:

I really hope they do box it like we saw with Minecraft going from digital to physical but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon sadly.

£129! Ah well, keeping fingers crossed over the next month. I really do think they'll sell more copies of RE if they do have hard copies.

Forum Signature Test.png

I will definitely pick that up. I really hope they redo 2&3

I remember the first time I played this game it was late at night. All lights were off in my room and those damn crawlers or whatever they were called came crashing through the window. Scared the shit out of me.

First time I walked along the corridor and the two dobermans came through the window was my 'new pants please' moment. What an awesome game RE1 was

Only played RE4 on the Gamecube, which was awesome.

Gamecube was so underrated, had some really excellent games.

I played the Resident Evil reboot on there which is where the PC HD Remaster stems from and it was mindblowing back then so I'm really looking forward to playing this on Steam. Hopefully they'll remaster Resident Evil 0 (Zero) which was a Gamecube 'exclusive' back then too - few rumours suggesting this might happen also.