The food thread

I'm looking for some ideas on food and cooking in general. My local Chinese is giving me the shits lately and my corner shop is generally shit with too much organic stuff and a fucking ripoff. I can't be arsed queuing in Sainsburys half hour with a spag bol so I need to go to town and get some interesting and exotic gear in the house instead. Any recommendations on some neat meals to try? I don't mind pushing the boat out once in a while but I really can't justify slaving in the kitchen for too long missing Coronation Street and Eastenders so it better not be too much of a complex concoction :)

Om-nom-nom-nom.gif

I'll have a think. What I do know is, almost everything is better with chillies be it real ones or flakes...

Chorizo sausage! I have it with pasta or roast it in the oven with potatoes and peppers, chillies herbs and olive oil. It's one of the nicest smells in cooking...

blackops2sig.jpg

Talking of chorizo a friend pointed me in the direction of chicken and chorizo paella. Tried it for the first time this weekend, pretty simple took about half hour.

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13251/chicken-and-chorizo-paella

20140713_133018_zpstsfjrvxj.jpg

Lasagne is a good one because if you make a big enough one it can feed you for a few days.

Something new i've found recently is this

graphic_hero_soTender_ItalianHerbsChicke

For someone who enjoys cooking, i must say they're pretty god damn good! Me and the missus make chicken burgers with these, although they're healthy (or as healthy as you can get) chicken burgers. You just put some chicken in the middle of these sleeve type things, put it on a dry frying pan and cook away. It's probably some of the juiciest chicken i've had and can turn your chicken into pure flavour. I think there's a few different ones you can choose from.

Although it's not a meal, it's sorted your meat part out, so you can just put it what ever you want. Wraps are always good :)

Food :wub:

Lasagne is a good one because if you make a big enough one it can feed you for a few days.

Unless your a slob I am :lol: I made baked rigatoni with hot sausage sauce Monday night for myself. I finished it yesterday.  :ph34r: My girl had dental surgery so she's on a liquid diet. Which means I've been on a restricted diet and haven't been eating normal meals for the past few weeks. I went full hedonist on it. No shame, it was awesome!

How about Pasta Alfredo with baked eggplant and asparagus?

Dredged in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil on both sides. Then shredded Pecorino Romano (Locatelli) on top. I bake the eggplant and asparagus in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes (or longer depending on the size of the asparagus/your preference)

Then take a jar of Newman’s Own Alfredo Pasta Sauce, which is pretty bland by itself, chop up the veggies and throw them in the sauce while its heating on the stove. Salt to taste and throw it over pasta of your choice. You may also enjoy the browned Pecorino Romano on the bottom of your baking pans ;)

Simple and easy. I normally cook a few different things on Sunday to make dinner with during the week so I cook the veggies and have them on hand when I want to make it to split up the cooking time. It's just as good if it's made all at once or not.

jpw_tyrannosaurus-rex_zpscpttjstm.jpg

Food :wub:

Unless your a slob I am :lol: I made baked rigatoni with hot sausage sauce Monday night for myself. I finished it yesterday.  :ph34r: My girl had dental surgery so she's on a liquid diet. Which means I've been on a restricted diet and haven't been eating normal meals for the past few weeks. I went full hedonist on it. No shame, it was awesome!

:lol: I'm the same! I generally eat really well every day so something like lasagne is a bit of a treat, needless to say it's gone as quickly as it took to make 

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with liking good food  ;)

Buy a crock pot.  Buy a pork roast.  Pulled pork.   Easy, and mmmmmm mmmmm good. 

I made it with a pork shoulder for a new years party. I was surprised pork shoulder is only only like $15-$20. I should do it again, lots of food and crazy good.

:lol: I'm the same! I generally eat really well every day so something like lasagne is a bit of a treat, needless to say it's gone as quickly as it took to make 

Anyway, there's nothing wrong with liking good food  ;)

I cant get enough pasta and sauce. I made sauce two weeks ago with short ribs. Cooked it down until the spoon stuck straight up. I used too much red wine but it was really good. Lasagna noodles are one of my favorites. Eating the leftover / broken pieces, dipping them in sauce is the best! And I agree. :)

Something new i've found recently is this

graphic_hero_soTender_ItalianHerbsChicke

These bad boys are the business!!

Like Rich says the chicken is soooo tasty!! :P  We need a lip smackin' smiley as that's the closest we have!!

fa91d1c7-2525-4709-a13b-ae6fabba557e.jpg

Thanks to Capn_Underpants for the artwork

These bad boys are the business!!

Like Rich says the chicken is soooo tasty!! :P  We need a lip smackin' smiley as that's the closest we have!!

I honestly can't believe how moist it makes the chicken!

Yeah i did come back on here so i could use the word moist :)

Getting back to the Lasagna... I made one a few weeks ago for the first time using Béchamel sauce. It's like a regular lasagna with a stick of butter and milk in it. :lol: It was really good.

Also if you can find these try um. To me they taste like cinnamon toast crunch with a smoky bacon aftertaste. So practically crack in a bag.

mb_400x400.png

http://www.kettlebrand.com/our_products/potato_chips/?pid=59#/our_products/potato_chips/?pid=59