COD World At War 2

J4MES OX4D

Treyarch teases Call of Duty 2015

by Nicholas Holden (Holden ZA)  Posted Monday, December 08, 2014 11:28:00 AM

http://www.mweb.co.za/games/ViewNewsArticle/tabid/2549/Article/17083/Treyarch-teases-Call-of-Duty-2015.aspx

The Call of Duty series has seen the first released game of their 3 year development cycle with the recently launched Sledgehammer Games title, Advanced Warfare. The focus now will shift to Treyarch who is set to release the next, still to be announced, Call of Duty title in 2015. The title in question, however, may have had its first leak today as Treyarch have posted an interesting link on their Facebook page. 

Treyarch's Facebook Link

The fan page for Teyarch on Facebook has a had a recent posting that may give us an indication of what we can expect in 2015 for Call of Duty. The post in question had the following quote: 

"December 7, 1941 ...a date which will live in infamy." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt. " 

Under the quote was a link to the Attack on Pearl Harbor. The post was done in conjunction with the anniversary of the Pearl Harbor attack, which happened took place 73 years ago. 

Why is this relevant? 

You may think that this is just a commemorative post from Treyarch, but I have my doubts. The history of the Treyarch fan page doesn't seem to follow the suit of paying homage to historic events that are not directly related to their game. The Facebook page commonly pays reference to Black Ops game history (#ThisdayinBlackOps), related industry events, staff member birthdays and community events. 

The most recent posting has stood out, as it does not tie into what the Facebook fan page has been consistent with in the past. For that reason it has received quite a bit of attention from the Call of Duty community, as the post itself has received over 200 comments and almost 2000 likes in a very short period of time. Most of the comments seem to be sharing the common thought that the posting is not random but indicating what exactly Treyarch has been working on over the past two years. 

The question remains as to what game that is, and we seem to think that it may be leading towards another World at War title. 

Why World at War ?

The attack of Pearl Harbor was the event that resulted in the U.S deceleration of war on the Empire of Japan. This lead the United States of America into the second World War. It has been almost 6 years since we played a Call of Duty title that has been based in the period of the second World War. Treyarch's last title that was based on the World War 2 period was 'World at War'. 

World at War has curiously never received a sequel, which is odd for a series that has a trend of bringing out a minimum of two titles under the same name within a development franchise. Whether this speculation ends up being true, remains to be seen. We can only hope that Treyarch manage to keep the franchise progressing with their first shot at a 3 year development cycle. 

Would you be happy if the next Call of Duty is World at War 2? If not, what would you prefer? 

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

As long as it plays nothing like the first W@W I'll be happy. If BO3 happens I'm gonna have to start looking for a new FPS game series. W@W was fun, had a lot of good maps and some of my favourite all time weapons. Could be good, or it could ruin the whole series even more. Hope it turns out well though!

As long as it plays nothing like the first W@W I'll be happy. If BO3 happens I'm gonna have to start looking for a new FPS game series. W@W was fun, had a lot of good maps and some of my favourite all time weapons. Could be good, or it could ruin the whole series even more. Hope it turns out well though!

What do you mean by "as long as it plays nothing like the first W@W"?  You said it had soime of your favorite weapons/maps... what about it didn't you like?  World at War is probably in my top 3 favorite CoD games.  I loved it.  

5abdbe250c715_RespectAll-FearNone.png.9bc1a4f0d1cdab1c7e67e48baf8275b4.png.63941b93d8c1d7bc3f9ca9f365076c45.png

I'd even be interested in blops3 tho I had to play hc I really enjoyed blops 2

It's weird but I always end up playing HC mode in Treyarch games. Dunno if it's down to the bad bullet detection or poorer connection in their games but I always end up in HC modes and it's always fantastic. 

What do you mean by "as long as it plays nothing like the first W@W"?  You said it had soime of your favorite weapons/maps... what about it didn't you like?  World at War is probably in my top 3 favorite CoD games.  I loved it.  

Well there was no version of Stalker/Stock making strafing very slow. I also felt like the overall gameplay was very slow and it took you a while to get around the map which is something I like to do alot. It was also one of the easiest games besides MW3 to spawn trap people in.

Honestly if they bring in different perks, which I'm pretty sure they will. I also hope they bring back the Mosin Nagant. That thing is so sick.

Well there was no version of Stalker/Stock making strafing very slow. I also felt like the overall gameplay was very slow and it took you a while to get around the map which is something I like to do alot. It was also one of the easiest games besides MW3 to spawn trap people in.

Honestly if they bring in different perks, which I'm pretty sure they will. I also hope they bring back the Mosin Nagant. That thing is so sick.

Mosin Nagant for life!  I loved that gun.  

The spawn trapping was pretty screwed up in this game.  

Stalker/Stock wasn't even a thing back then, so I'm sure it'll be in this game.  

I liked the slower pace, large maps.  It felt more tactical instead of twitch.  But, that's a preference thing.  

I liked the slower pace, large maps.  It felt more tactical instead of twitch.  But, that's a preference thing.  

Agree Tommy. Since MW3, I've just found the pacing in COD to be too fast and frantic and most tactics go out the window. If you have a good connection; it's too easy to dominate especially in CQC. I miss the old days especially the Treyarch ones with the map variety from small to extra large. Even the bigger maps on the likes of Black Ops worked really well in all modes as the way they designed seemed to centralise the action into key areas without the matches being too cramped or pacey. 

Seems COD is more influenced by eSports these days though despite only 0.5% of players having a dedicated interest. The ES structure and demands I just don't like and it feels the fun has been zapped out of the series. I'd love to see Treyarch bring COD back to a mainstream mentality and it would be great to see a wealth of varied maps of different sizes and styles.

The Xbox Canada community manager tweeted this image randomly

B7-9utTCMAInV6d.jpg

He kind of retracted it by saying - Earlier I posted an unofficial (not from Xbox) image to see what others think of it, not as an endorsement or tease. Sorry for any confusion

Now why the hell would you just post something like that randomly? This move stinks of Activision PR and with all the WAWII rumours floating; this is just going to increase the speculation of the next COD game. Regular as clockwork..